A New Decade, A New Year. . .
A Resolution For Every Life Style!
A new year a new you! A fresh slate! A blank canvas! Limitless possibilities! There is SO much enthusiasm for a new year that even if you're a hardened pessimist you can't help but get a little swept up in the hype! I find that I lie somewhere between here & there - I'm kind of in neutral territory when it comes to the new year's resolutions - I feel like those are pretty much destined to fail, I think statistically by the 14th of January, (two weeks in) 95% of people have given up or broken their resolution! Those things are just setting your fresh clean canvas up to being tarnished before you've even begun this year's masterpiece! So this year, instead of jumping on the 'lose weight' 'get in shape' or the 'be better than I was last year' bandwagon I think I am going to focus on one mantra that can be applied to all aspects of my life. I haven't quite nailed down exactly what that mantra is yet, but I think it's going to be along the lines of "if you do your best there is nothing to regret" - don't let it's simplicity fool you - that is a powerful statement! I know that with all the demands on a mom, wife, and woman sometimes I find myself compromising on the quality of my actions so I can keep up with the demand for them. And that is upsetting. But rather than dwell on it I figure I'll address it & keep it at the front of my mind as I go through each day, cause really that's all we've got! So as you face your 'New Year' I wish nothing less than the best for you and your family. I hope this year is filled with wonderful experiences and new beginnings! Happy 2011 to you!
** P.S. **
So as I was reading over this again I realized that I have a second New Years Resolution. So in addition to the above I am going to focus on finishing what I start!! I can NOT even start to count how many 'open' projects I have around the house right now! So rather than continuously starting new projects before old ones are finished and therefore adding to the feeling of inadequacy for having nothing to show for my day's efforts I have decided IF I start it, then I must finish it! PERIOD! No more gung-ho starts that fizzle into oblivion! ADD be damned, I can & will make this resolution work! Now, I have to finish putting away the Christmas decorations!
Well said! I'm with you, my goal this year is to be "present" as much as possible. Not letting the demand compromise the quality of my actions. I like that!
ReplyDelete