Christmas Merriment

Scrapblog Tile


I love doing the scrapblogs tiles and using them as my blog topper every so often I change up the themes and therefore update the tiles and I figured rather than forget how precious each of these labors of love, I would include them with photo recap posts. So above is the Christmas 2010 scrabblog tile. Aren't they sweet?!


Photo Recap


These first few photos may look familiar, these were taken during my 'photo shoot' for our Christmas card. Since I have no shame in my game, I will tell you these pictures and videos (which probably won't be posted) were taken over the course of an hour, after the boys had been at school & were there for tired - yeah by the end of it I could have cared less if a one of the pictures had come out good, I was on the verge of scrapping the card idea & I was over joyed when I got to tuck them in for their naps! Yeah, needless to say attempting to 'capture the moment' with two wee ones is EXHAUSTING! But I have to admit they came out SO much better then anticipated!












This picture was taken just after I finished addressing the Christmas cards, which thankfully turned out adorable. The boys were playing 'pots & pans' which evolved into Pierce with a strainer on his head & a rubber spatula as his drum stick! Too Funny!

This is our 'elf on the shelf' - I think his name is Buddy, but part way through the year it was changed to tree skirt - after our favorite show Prep & Landing - but this was one of his visits, just before Christmas.

Christmas Eve - can you see the excitment!? Seriously he was wired, pumped, could NOT wait for Santa to come & getting him to sleep was more involved than we thought it would be.



Christmas Morning! HE CAME!!!

Dave reading Santa's message

Our morning started early, like 5:20! Remember I said he was excited, so when he rolled over and saw the lights from the tree, he jumped out of bed & ran to our room saying "The presents are HERE! Santa Came! It's Christmas Eve & it's snowing! (he was a little confused - of course a few hours later it did in fact start snowing, but that's another post)

Since we LOVE the Polar Express, Santa wrapped the boy's gifts in the special red & white paper with large green bows. So Kaiden immediately knew which gifts were for him & Pierce, and since it would be at least an hour before brother woke up, we let Kaiden go through his stocking & open his big Santa present.



Let'er Rip! Kaiden tore into his present - YUP you guessed it, he got his Monorail!


Kaiden had already gone through his stocking at this point!



Pierce's big Santa present was this Pooh ride on train and he was delighted! I wish I had pictures of him excitedly ripping into his wrapping paper, but the truth is, his brother was so excited to 'help' that Kaiden pretty much did ALL the unwrapping this year! But Pierce didn't seem sad about it, he was just pumped to have his train! Kaiden did give the toy immediately to Pierce once it was out of the box, so that worked out well!





A few snaps of my favorite decorations from around the house. This angel used to be my Grandma Anne's, I love 'things' with meaning!



This turned out to be my FAVORITE addition to the holiday decorations, the dining room! Who knew?! I had a few short pieces of garland left over, a few un-hung decorations, a spool of red velvet ribbon and an extra strand of lights & viola! My peaceful room!

The big picture - I found the mosaic vases at GoodWill (LOVE THAT PLACE!), I had the galvinized arrangement from years past and found the runner that tied them all together at TJ Maxx. I thought it was the the perfect addition to the room.


The second half of our Christmas Day included a trip to Mom's house to open her gifts & do a dinner. Since my brother's birthday is Christmas Eve, and Dave's is the 26th and let's not forget the reason for the season, I made this Christmas ornament cake for everyone. It was really easy & yummy!

We had to hurry our Christmas at Mom's because it was really snowing out there and even though we have an all wheel drive car, which also happens to be the heaviest car in it's class (a little joke for Dave there) we didn't want to risk driving the 2 miles on slushy snowy roads.


Last But NOT Least

So I was just about to wrap up the post when I realized that I hadn't posted a picture of the gifts Dave & I exchanged - typical of a mom to always put ourselves last! So I know that some people may have not 'loved' receiving a toaster for Christmas, but I was PUMPED!! In 11 years of being together we have never had a toaster, always/only a toaster oven - which unfortunately ours died earlier this year - but let me tell you bread + a real toaster = delicious toast! As opposed to 'broiled bread' out of the oven! And it's beautiful - kudos hubby!

Dave got a replacement tag for his honda - which has the original (used to be) blue gwinnett honda tag on it so now he has this gorgeous tag to replace it with. Although he likes this new tag so much he doesn't want to have it destroyed during his commutes - so it may be save to hang on the wall in the 'Cowboys' room - this is our fictional room in the basement, which we have yet to build out - but we've been collecting things to go in it all the same! :o)

OK, that's it! All in all it was another great holiday! And like usual, it's SO hard to believe another Christmas has come & gone and now it's time to take down decorations and find new projects to tackle! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and if by chance you didn't get everything on your list, I hear it's worth it to brave the crowds & hit up those after Christmas sales!

1 comment:

  1. I have so much to say! First of all, you are cracking me up with the toaster! I don't know how you made it all this time, I use my toaster EVERY day! I love the ornament cake, you know I need the recipe/instructions, and I also love the dining room. GREAT idea!
    Your boys are too cute on christmas morning, Kaiden had me giggling!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...