Pierce's Big Day

Fix A Heart Day - My Amazing Baby

Daddy's Pep Talk/Cuddle Session The Night Before
Our Name Is Our Virtue
So I have come to learn that even in the smallest ways, if you are open to it, God is always talking to you. It may not be a direct conversation like you would have with your good friend over a round of cold ones, but He's there and He's trying to reach you or teach you in some way or another. You may remember back to November when we found out we were having another boy and I had a post about what his name would be - even though we had a list of agreed on names and knew what we wanted - for a week or two Dave and I kind of tossed around a few other name options. Of course as we all know we came back to our original choice of Pierce, which has Irish origins and means like a rock. To me - this is a HUGE example of how God was talking to us about what an amazing baby he was going to send our way. And today, with his amazing performance during the surgery and immediately after in his recovery there was no better way to describe him than as our rock!!!

Back In Our Pre-Op Room Just Hanging Out
Rocking His Surgical Gown
I mean here is this little baby who normally eats every 3 to 4 hours and he had to stop eating at midnight last night, it was after 9:00 this morning and all though he was no doubt hungry, he took it all in stride, he was a little fussy, but nothing a little rocking and cooing couldn't distract. Dave and I, on the other hand, were starving and scrounging through my diaper bag for snacks! Then they give him his sedative and he begins feeling the effects, and although he was up late last night and awoken early this morning, he just kept fighting to keep his eyes open so that he wouldn't miss anything and he just kept smiling at us, glassy eyes and all. I have to admit that as he finally began to fall asleep I did tear up a little, just thinking about all he would have to endure before he woke up again, and even though I tried very hard not to think about it - I prayed he would not be the (less than) 1% that never wake up. Of course as we now know today went well, the time actually passed fairly quickly - the up date phone calls from surgery were one hour intervals which was just the perfect amount of time and before we knew it we were able to go back and see him. I didn't sleep much last night (a little over two hours) but I am telling you I didn't feel tired one bit - couldn't have slept if I was paid, but as soon as we got the call that all was well and he was resting in recovery - it all came crashing down - it was all I could do to stay awake to eat my food. Talk about a major exhale!!! It was one of those long & short days - I am so happy it's over but now that the day is ending - thinking back today feels like it lasted a week!
Our Angel In Recovery - He Is A Rock Star!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww I got all teary reading this latest update. I am so happy for you that your boy is home and doing so well. What a trooper!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...