July 4, 2009

Let Freedom Ring and The Good Times Roll!

Pierce -

This is Pierce on July 4th, five days post-op. He had his draining tubes removed and although he was still sedated he was at a much lower level so we got to see him move around a little which was a really good feeling. Our friends Todd & Mel wanted to come visit him and since it was Sat. & July 4th, we found a cool kids celebration down in Atlantic Station to head to after our visit.
Independence Day In The City
Since we were already going to be downtown to visit Pierce we decided to stop by Radio Disney's Independence Day Celebration. It was fun & obviously exhausting!! Our good friends The Robinson's wanted to come visit Pierce and joined us in the festivities down at Atlantic Station. Also, because I have super awesome friends in the Lamberts, they came to play with us in the heat!! It was hot and when I say hot I mean it was take your breath away, don't stand outside of the shade ~ not that it's cooler in the shade it just seems like it should be, happily pay $4/a pop for snow cones, if you have your shoes off the soles of your feet sizzle on the sidewalk HOT!!!

What To Do. . . .
Well as I mentioned it was a bit warm, but we were determined to have fun so we let the kids pick a few activities and since it was a party JUST for kids there was no shortage of things to do. One of my favorite options was this decorate a balloon station ~ SUCH a cut idea, they had hundreds of adorable stickers with facial features on them and countless balloons to chose as the head, what could go wrong? I sent Dave with Kaiden to do the craft. . . . BUT I have to say this balloon had a seriously funny sense of humor & he LOVED the camera!!
I ended up loving this balloon friend!! Every video and photo we took this day (and night) there he was facing the camera with his adorable 'grrrr' face ~ yes I realize just typing that makes me seem a little crazy but it was a rough week & you gotta laugh when possible. . . .


Perfect Way To End The Day

FIREWORKS!! What else?! It wouldn't be the fourth without sweating your way through a humid night to watch the bright sparkle of some fireworks!! Although I'm fairly certain I didn't get any actual pictures of the fireworks we were watching, but at this point in the evening I was feeling pretty loose & am quite impressed with the photos and videos I did get!! Remember my baby just had open heart surgery at three months old five days earlier, so I needed to blow off some steam!! And apparently a few pitchers of 'Sip & Go Naked' (aka summer beer = frozen limeade, 12oz vodka, 12oz Diet Mt. Dew & 12oz Corona Lite or your favorite beer) will do just that!!! Don't worry I didn't show up to the fireworks naked, but I don't remember too much other than we went HIGH CLASS!! Yup, we watched the fireworks from the parking lot of the wal-mart about 2 miles away from the launch sight because although I thought I was keeping us on track we didn't actually leave for the fireworks until they were supposed to begin. . . . detail, details details!

We had fun either way, again most of what I remember is from watching the video, but here are a few cute pictures from the fireworks portion of the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...