It's Official

We're Losing It!!!

Our Hair That Is. . . . .


So every Momma out there knows that sometime from the day you deliver that baby until their 1st birthday there is more than a few times where you may want to pull your hair out - I should have extended that time until they graduate college -- but they also know that at some point the hormones change and with it comes the great shed event!

Mine started about a month ago - and for those of you who have never experienced it - well it can be quite frightening. Literally when you brush or wash your hair, or even just run your fingers through it, strands, clumps - hair balls - fall out. I have to clean out my hair brush every other day - and tomorrow I am going to tackle the drain - I can only imagine the delightfulnes that awaits. . . .

But what I wasn't really prepared for was for Pierce to start shedding as well. I mean everyone has said "you know he's going to lose all that hair" but like most comments from strangers I file it in the "thanks but no thanks" file - you know the file that you put all that free advice these strangers feel compelled to share with you just because you are a budding pregnant woman. These little diddys can range from advice on what to feed your baby - "so are you going to breast feed or just use formula, cause you know . . . (fill in with random story)" to absolutely frightening not even helpful stories about some obscure person who had extreme complications or tragedy befall them while pregnant. I seriously would like to see a study done about what posses people to share these things, ask these questions and feel completely just in fondling pregnant women, especially when they don't even know them!?!? OK I digress - so back to Pierce - he's shedding. I am very, very sad! And I hope it doesn't change too much but the new hair coming in is decidedly lighter than his beautiful auburn locks now - but with those eyebrows I can't imagine he'll be a cotton top like Kaiden. For now he seems to be losing the most on the sides of his head and I would say he's thinning out on the top - it'll be kinda cool if he gives himself a mohawk - and although I am very sad he is losing his baby, downy soft hair - I do hope that as it grows back it grows in a better pattern - cause I know you've seen the pictures. Dude has some crazy cowlicks & fluffy cockatoo doos!

I'll save you the trauma of looking at my hairbrush - but this was what his little hair brush looked like after his bath last night - and this is also what he leaves behind on his sheets, the car seat, his blankets - I'm gonna miss it!

Pierce's Hair Loss. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...