Bless Those Tech Support People!
So after an almost five year run with our last wireless router it took it's trip to the great modem in the sky this last week, so on our way home from Pierce's Pre-Op we stopped at Sams and got a new one. Now I don't actually know what it means but our last linksys was a "G" and our new one is an "N" - if they went straight through the alphabet for models we were practically rocking an antique! OK so this was just an upgrade, right - we already had one and this one came with an install CD - logic says it should be a snap to make the switch. Unfortunately logic was on vacation and somehow our patience went with it! After a week with no internet I had hit my breaking point, Dave attempted to spend some time on it yesterday but his assistant, Kaiden, didn't understand they were supposed to fix it, he just wanted to watch 'crazy kitty on com-pewter'. So after two hours on the phone with linksys support last night we (I'll go ahead and give myself credit for this since I know Dave would have figured it out eventually, but I couldn't wait any longer) finally got fast, wireless internet! For what it's worth, if you have the need for phone support don't start the conversation at 10:30 - it makes for a late night!
A New Coffee Machine
I'm not entirely sure how it has worked this way but our purchase of coffee machines some how always coincides with some major thing in our life dealing with our boys. Our first and former machine was purchased the Sunday before Kaiden was born - it was a Cuisinart - which we loved, and I have to say I'm disappointed that it's already needing to be replaced!! As I mentioned this was our first coffee machine, we had been given one when we were in college, but it was typically just used to make hot water for tea or hot chocolate, so we don't have much experience with them, and even though technically it still works you have to add one to two extra cups of water to make sure your coffee comes out like coffee as opposed to thick espresso! This time Sams had a DeLonghi which is pretty cool because you pull open a drawer on the front and load coffee into a reusable filter and pour the water into a shoot - as you can tell we aren't really coffee efficianados we just like it to taste good, and be hot (especially after we add our southern butter pecan creamer - thanks to our first neighbors for that addiction)!!
Our Little Entertainer!
You may remember this past October when I posted Kaiden 'dancing' and I received a few comments about his rythm and timing. . . Well you will love this - he has now added a booty drop, a hip out and a toe raise to his dancing repertoire! Enjoy!
Ignoring The Elephant In The Room
It's official today is the last day that I have to continue ignoring the fact that my little baby is having open heart surgery. No one wants to have surgery (well except for elective procedures) and even then I think the people are still a little hesitant - and as the doc put it on Friday 'we aren't removing a toenail here.' And although we do the best we can not to make a big deal out of things I think we can all agree that on the scale of surgeries this is definitely closer to the major end than the minor end. I have complete faith in our Dr. and I know this is an everyday occurrence to him - I mean it's his life - but Pierce is our life and well his life will be in Dr. Kanter's hands and that makes a Mommy just a little nervous. I pray for Pierce's surgery to go smoothly, for his speedy recovery and can't wait to see him healthy - the skies the limit!!
I'll keep everyone posted tomorrow and I thank you in advance for your prayers for Pierce, his surgeon and the medical team!
NICE music! I'm sure that was Dave's choice! I always knew he was a closet Whitney Houston fan!
ReplyDelete