Greek Fest, A Cook Out & Pierce's Two Month Birthday!
Opa!
Pierce and Mommy Enjoying The Music
My friend Mel finds all the coolest things to do and this weekend was no exception! When we first got over into Marietta it was alternating between sprinkling and pouring and having no umbrella and a newborn we decided against getting out of the car right then. And since we had been bribing Kaiden with ice cream for his continued good behavior we decided to go cash in on that promise and we found a TCBY - I LOVE that place, but it's pricey - and got him some swirl with mini chocolate chips - he was very excited. By the time we finished our treat the rains had stopped and we found a good parking spot and headed off to the festival. It was $2 per adult to get in, free if you took their online survey, and down the street we went looking for our friends. Luckily since they had braved the weather as soon as it cleared they found a great table at the top of the amphitheater with 4 chairs and it was in the corner so the kids only had one direction to go to get out and that was passed us. It worked out great! There was wonderful music - (although Dave kept thinking he was listening to middle eastern music instead of Mediterranean, but you know Dave!) some very interesting dancing and SO MUCH yummy food, desserts, mythos beer & of course ouzo! We enjoyed the show and finished our food, but with the clouds clearing and the sun coming out it was getting so thick and muggy that we decided to abandon our table and go looking for the Baklava Sundays we kept hearing so much about. And YES Todd, those were worth the wait, I am already counting the days until next year's festival for another one! Once everyone had gotten their fill we decided to take the party back to the Robinson's house so the kids could play in the pool and we could enjoy some more reasonably priced beverages.
Ashlyn Looking Serious With Her Daddy
Pierce Studying His Buggy Friend At The Festival
We ALWAYS have a blast with the Robinson's and this cook out was extra hilarious, I'm working on some video highlights, but it included Kaiden showing his favorite Uncle & Aunt his impression of a puppy, doing his strong man pose for Ashy, a whack in the head with a toy shovel, a heart felt and adorable apology for afore mentioned whack and much more! Seriously there is NEVER a dull moment when you have toddlers!
Pierce Hits Two Months Already!
I remember feeling this way after Kaiden was born, but SERIOUSLY, where does the time go!? I mean besides in diaper changes, feedings, naps and Dr.'s appointments. . . . So he doesn't go for his two month well baby check until Wednesday but at his last appointment on Thursday he had some impressive new stats!
Weight: 8lbs 3ozs Length:22"
That's some pretty impressive growth! I guess that is a good thing, considering he is getting the extra calorie feeds throughout the day. They have been SO concerned about his growth because if he isn't growing (exponentially) on this high calorie milk then it shows that the heart & body are under too much strain. But thankfully he is growing right along and if you're counting that is a gain of two pounds five ounces and five inches in just under two months - we are starting to wonder if Pierce and Kaiden are going to be wearing the same size soon! I feel very proud of his growth accomplishments and kind of get frustrated when they talk about further increasing his calorie intake until surgery to 'maximize' his growth potential. I mean he's growing like a weed as is - but then I realize that at two months he is about the size of most 'average' babies at birth so I guess he's not going to be some giant freak size baby if I increase his calories/feed. It's just that he won't be my little bitty baby any more.
No comments:
Post a Comment