Quick Pierce Update
We've Set The Date
Open The Heart To Close The Holes!
Not quite as much fun as setting the date to deliver him, or when Dave and I set the date for our wedding, but it's an important date all the same! So Pierce will be having his 'repairs' done the last Monday in June, I won't know the exact time until we get closer. This gives us just a little over a month to 'maximize his growth potential', which is code for I have to spend a lot of quality time bonding with the pump and adding formula for extra calories to his bottles. Again although I am impressed with his growth we have to remember that he started at 5 pounds as opposed to most babies who start between 7 & 9 pounds so they want me to get him as big as he can be before surgery.
Of course I welcome and appreciate your prayers for him to have a successful surgery and for his surgical and medical team. We'll be back down at Egleston for his surgery and his immediate recovery care, they said probably 5 to 7 days back in the NICU then he'll be all ours again. So since the surgery is so close they have requested that we continue to use caution when going in public with him because an illness could postpone the surgery and they don't want that.
We have at least one appointment a week leading up to the surgery and probably we'll have a pretty busy schedule following the surgery but my hope is that by August we'll just be going for monthly visits!
OK I'll keep you posted.
Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment