Early Mother's Day Gift


"It Was Then That I Carried You"

As If Being A Mother Isn't Enough Of A Gift In And Of Itself!!




Since my Mom is going to be out of town for the actual day we decided to celebrate it early with her last Sunday. I had mentioned to her that I saw this adorable cross in a flyer and that I thought I might want something like that for my Mother's day gift. Little did I know what a powerful message came with it. So I thought it was just a cute cross with two sets of footprints which I said represented Kaiden and Pierce and it was fitting because they would always be close to my heart - thinking this was a pretty thoughtful gesture for a simple silver necklace. I had no idea that the cross wasn't just a kitchy mother's day gimmick gift but a meaningful message too.



The Card that came with the necklace reads: "I Love You and I would never leave you. During your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints. It was then that I carried you." - Anonymous

And inscribed on the back of the cross is the phrase "It was Then That I Carried You." I love this passage for the duality of it's meaning. Of course there is the obvious that our Good Lord is always with us and that he will, and has, especially with all that we are going through with Pierce, been there to give us strength and love. But also on a more 'motherly' note I love that it makes me think about both of my pregnancies and when I 'carried' both boys with me in our own private little world. And I don't know of a single mother who would refute the first line of that passage: "I love you and I would never leave you." that is like the unofficial mother mantra.

Some days I have to repeat the mantra more then others, but you get what I'm getting at (wink, wink)! And YES I really do believe that being a mother is a gift! I LOVE every minute of every day - it's exhausting and labor intensive and not always glamorous and at times frustrating as hell but it's also wonderful and full of love and joy and belly laughs and special kisses and head rubs, and that's exactly what makes it the greatest job I've ever had!

Happy Mother's Day to All my Mommy Friends! And to the rest of you, CALL your Mom and Say Thanks and I LOVE You!

KK

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...