One Year - Two Parties!
Since Kaiden's actual Birthday fell on a Wednesday, we had a small party that night at the house, and then also had one on Saturday for some friends and family to join in the fun!
Aquarium Fun
We started the day with a trip to the Georgia Aquarium, which was amazing! Dave and I had been there a few years back - his company had their Holiday party there, and we got to go through it and it was nice, but something about getting to see just how excited your child gets watching a whole school of fish go swimming by just made it a thousand times more memorable!
So we brought Grammy along to experience the aquarium and all had a "swimming good time" or "fishy fun!"
THE ENTRANCE

This was just the entrance to the aquarium, but I bet we could have stayed there all day and Kaiden would have been thrilled! Both sides of the entrance have these "walls of fish" there are just hundreds of fish in each school, and they just make lap after lap in their tank - you can kind of see that Kaiden was mesmerized!
And the day before Kaiden learned the sign for "fish" and although he holds his hand up instead of out he was also busy making the 'fish' sign most of the day!
THE CORAL REEF
The two of them are little explorers when we take our trips, so of course they were as close as possible to most everything, and Kaiden makes sure to point out everything to Daddy - he doesn't want him to miss a thing.
"Daddy look up, there are sharks up there, I don't think you saw them yet!" He's gonna be a Biologist - I can just tell!
Family Photo Op
Don't worry he makes it out just in time!!!
Bring on the Sea Urchins - "I don't know what they are but I am definitely NOT SCARED of them!"
Yup, still not scared - those Sea Urchins were just like my bath toys - and just cause I'm small doesn't mean I'm wimpy!
"OK wait a minute - this doesn't count! It's a fish without a tank AND FEET! This is seriously freaky stuff!"
This is the only thing in 12 months that Kaiden has at all shied away from. I think if it could have talked he may have been OK - but he did NOT want to go any closer!
Party Time - Round Two!
So after having a blast down town, we packed up the car and headed back to the house to get in a quick nap and get ready for a party!
Since I am not crazy about 1 year birthday parties - I think some people go a little too overboard - I just wanted something low key and small - it was perfect!!!
Who Love's Kaiden?
Kaiden getting Love from his Sashi . . .
. . . . and his Uncle Bubba!
And just Chillin' with his Grammy!
Smash Cake - Take Two!
Hey I remember this stuff!
Trying a new technique for eating his cake - No time for hands!
"Can Daddy Have Some?" Sure Dad I'll share with you, but don't tell Mom!
"Can Mommy Have Some?" Are you talking to me? Can't you see I'm busy!?
It Was Such a Good Time!
Thanks to all of you who love us so much! We are so blessed to have friends and family like you!
No comments:
Post a Comment