The quick and dirty version of the story goes like this. . .
Friday I was 5 weeks 5 days pregnant, according to my LMP, and when I went to the restroom in the middle of the morning I had some red spotting. I freaked! I called my doctor's office, and they scheduled me that afternoon for a visit. THEN I had to call Dave, my heart sank, he was GREAT! He took off work, and met me so we could go together. The doc did an internal ultra sound and saw a fetal sac and a yolk sac and said that was as good as could be expected since the pregnancy was only 3 weeks 5 days old. They took blood, fun - I still have bruises on my arms from it and sent me home with information on spontaneous threatened abortion. YIKES. So we basically left not knowing any more than we did when we arrived. Monday I went back to give them a 2nd round of blood to test. Tuesday I got some good news, finally! My quant levels had risen impressively and they would like to see me Wed. for a follow up ultra sound. Dave met me over there so we could get the news together. . . . the baby bean has a heartbeat!!! (106 bpm to be exact!) We were SO excited, I teared up when I saw it! What a relief!!!
Here it is, the first official picture of the Baby Kirk: (I know it doesn't look like much to you, but it made Dave's and my heart skip a beat!)
I understand that this picture may mean absolutely nothing to you, but I hope to help you see the baby.I wrote on the picture "Baby Kirk - aka Baby Bean" and if you look closely at the "y" in baby bean that whitish gray spot, is in fact our sweet little baby!
And when the motion was on the little heart was just going . If you could have seen Dave's face! It was priceless!! I teared up, couldn't help it! What a day!
Now on to the Momma. . . .
So as expected, with each new week comes a new set of symptoms, and boy did I get some fun ones this week!!!! They include: bloating - nothing new, but still uncomfortable all the same, nausea - I am considering buying stock in saltines and gatorade, gassy - it may not be polite, but I would much rather excuse a burp than clean up puke! Pregnancy induced acne - it's like the puberty I luckily never had to go through in high school, but everyday sure enough there is another reminder that everything is changing. And the SUPER Fun new development of the week is this heightened sense of smell!! At Sam's on Sunday, I literally had to abandon Dave and the cart, when we turned the corner to the aisle where they had the fresh seafood set out! Dave actually handed me the carton of fresh strawberries so I could breath through them to freshen the air! I looked like a freak, but at least I didn't loose my lunch!
I don't really think much has changed, other than a little more bloating and I feel like I just keep getting bigger up top. Oh well, hopefully that'll cut down on the cost of formula! :o) Yes, this was taken while I was in my jammies, they are my FAVORITE outfit right now! I come home, and this is my night time uniform! Good thing I have a couple pair!With the scare of Friday, we ended up telling a few people, especially since I had to get a sub to cover my classes. But Mom couldn't be more excited! Now comes a whole new type of waiting game. . . waiting for some of these symptoms to pass, waiting for our first 'official' appointment, waiting to find out the sex, and waiting to hold the bundle of joy!
Here is to hoping that the scary stuff is behind us for a while, and we just have to learn to wait patiently until our next visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment