An Unexpected Turn. . . .

Well, I must say I was blindsided by this one.

As stated before, we got to see Baby Kirk at 6 weeks, and it had a nice little flicker of a heartbeat, so when I went to my 8 week appointment yesterday, I was very excited to see how much it was going to look like a baby now. Boy was I shocked when the doctor couldn't find anything with the ultrasound machine. But she said sometimes the baby can hide in a swollen uterus, so she went and got a technican specialist to come do the exam.

They did find something, it was the remains of Baby Kirk, it seems the baby stopped developing at 6 weeks 0 days, and had actually begun being reabsorbed by my body. So, we went from talking about prenatals, to talking about how to pass the "material". The doctor is hopeful that this will pass on it's own. I had to give blood yesterday and have to go back Friday to do another draw. This will show (hopefully) that my levels are dropping naturally and I won't need medical intervention.

I have to say, this was a huge shocker. And as I write this, my nurse is telling me that my levels have increased from 22,000 to over 97,000 that is certainly NOT what I wanted to hear. Now they are checking to see what I am going to need to do for my next step, since my body has not recognized that the baby is no longer developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...