
I'll admit, I was beyond scared!!
But now that it is done and over with I can honestly say it wasn't that bad, considering.
So, on my way home from work Wed. the dr.s office called and wanted to discuss the new plan for my miscarriage. Although they didn't see anything else in the u/s on Monday, due to my rising levels they feared there could be an ectopic (pregnancy not in the uterus). So, they induced my miscarriage. They inserted some medication up near the cervix, and told me to expect severe cramping, vomiting, diarrhea and then she said "When the bleeding starts you'll want to just sit on the toilet, it is the easiest clean-up method." I was literally shaking I was so scared, I did not know what would happen or how long it would take, and as stated in the literature, there is no guarantee.
But I have to say Dave was amazing through it all! The cramping began within 30 minutes of them inserting the medicine. They continued to intensify and come more frequently for the next 4 -5 hours, after the most intense cramping I did vomit, and almost passed out from exhaustion. The bleeding began 5 hours after the medicine was inserted and continued to intensify over the next 2 hours. YES that is right I was Carrie from that horror movie, except I was told to try and collect samples! EWWW! By 12:30 am, most of the bleeding was finished, and we were both absolutely exhausted. By tonight, everything is gone, and I just wait for my follow up appointment in the morning to confirm if all of the material was passed. Which I am pretty sure it did.
This was an experience I hope to never live again, but I like to try and take the positive from everything, and what I have gained from this is: 1. I CAN get pregnant - those of you who knows me well may remember that saga 2. My body likes pregnancy b/c it produced the right amounts of all the hormones (and then some) 3. When it is meant to be, it will be.
Hopefully in another 6 to 8 weeks, I'll be posting (again) about the exciting news of a Kirk Baby - and IF we do get pregnant in November, we would have a little Leo baby, which works great for us, because that is our schools Mascot! GO LIONS!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment