What The BLOG Is Going On!?!?

Insert Excuse Here. . .

Yeah, yeah, yeah - I'm behind on my blog - so what's new?! EVERYTHING!!! Honestly it's not that I don't have material it's that I haven't had the time or want to actually come rehash all that happens in a day/week/months time around here!

The BIG Stuff!!

Pierce had his 15 month check up on his 15 month birthday and he is a growing boy!! Which all things considered is GREAT, but with my first still a tiny mite, it's crazy to hear that my 'baby' is 25lbs 9oz & 30.25" tall!~! Although he is not the lexicon Kaiden was at this age, the doctor was happy with his four words = Dadda, Momma, dogg dogg & nananana - which is Pierce for banana - I was worried, I admit it, because I have NO IDEA what is normal for a baby. . . . .Plus Pierce is only just now beginning to enjoy looking at & reading books - whereas Kaiden was hooked at a few weeks old. . . . Anyhow I must take just a second and thank my girls on the tennis team for suggesting our new pediatrician - HE ROCKS!! He is so mellow & laid back but also very easy to communicate with - he totally calmed my fears that Pierce wasn't doing enough (walking, talking, operating the computer. . . ) so just a note to all my friends & family out there the doc says it's totally NORMAL for the second to do things later b/c they have an older sibling who can 'talk' for them & b/c we are busy moms who unfortunately don't have the leisure time we did with our first to _________(fill in blank).

The other thing I LOVE about this new doctors office, they are in & out- no nonsense kind of people & I DIG IT!! No sooner than Kaiden, Pierce and I got comfy in the mini-movie theatre to watch Nemo then we were called back to start the show. Since Pierce is a 'heart baby' and since he had been slightly anemic at a previous appointment they had to prick a toe & squeeze a few drops - and my sweet Kaiden was quick to say "It's OK baby Pierce, you don't have to cry. They put a band-aid on it" - what a gem! The rest of the check up went really well - although Pierce may argue that he didn't love the two shots - but he took it like a champ!! That evening Dave was running late & we were all spent from our big day so I fed the boys early & was starting the nighttime routine a little earlier then usual - after bath & jammies the boys wanted to play in the playroom before heading to bed & I was all to happy to let them drain the last few drops of energy. So since their playroom is off our bathroom (Wieland calls it a 'retreat' HA) and Kaiden was already busy at work with his alphabet train Pierce turned around from standing at the tub watching the water drain ~ all things are fascinating to babies~ and saw me sitting on the floor and just took off walking!!! I couldn't even BELIEVE my eyes!! He walked six or seven steps before he even realized what he'd done then he giggled threw his hands up & lurched forward for me to catch him! IT WAS AWESOME!!

My Prayers Answered -


I KNOW what a way to start it huh, but honestly two of my prayers have been answered, or rather are beginning to be answered! For months, well OK more like since last month pretty much once a day I would say 'Please God let TODAY be the day that Pierce walks & Kaiden potty trains' -~and I kid you not they BOTH happened within one day of each other!!! We had to run some errands on Friday and I asked Kaiden if he wanted to do diapers or undies - he had earned 10 stars for potty'ing that week and I was feeling brave. . . . low and behold he chose undies. So we picked out two pair, I was feeling brave NOT stupid, we needed backup just in case ~ so off we went he went before we left the house then a quick stop in Target then he went in Kohls ~ sidenote LOVE Kohl's family bathroom with the little toilet~ we even did Chic-fil-a I was the proudest peacock!! Well I guess technically I should say peahen, since that is the female of the species but like most animals she got shafted the beautiful feathers and got left with a brood of wild bird babies ~ but I digress . . .

So now I have a walker, albeit a drunkish stumble with a frequent tumble but the kid is part Irish so that's kind of already enscribed in his DNA and a potty expert ~ Kaiden can go in lift the lid, put on his little CARS seat cover, potty, remove his seat back to the bucket, lower lid & flush!! I think that ROCKS ~ although now I guess my question is when do you introduce wiping? I'm gonna wait a while for that. . . .

video to come. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...