I'm Going Green ~ Kind Of. . .
So for one brief, laughable moment just before I had Kaiden I considered doing cloth diapers ~ I know, seriously I TOTALLY blame it on the pregnancy hormones!! I don't say that to insult anyone who has done cloth but who are we kidding I am not the best at staying on top of the laundry, inevitably there is always at least one pile sitting in the laundry room and can you imagine to poor kids waiting to have a clean diaper. . .. .ha ha ha, SO FUNNY. OK take a second to regroup as I know it gives me a serious case of the giggles to think back on it.
Kushies!!
Although I obviously went with the disposable diapers for everyday use and originally for our swim diapers needs I was getting frustrated with the cost of these swim diapers. See here's the thing about these swim diapers~ they don't actually do anything~ I mean let's be honest!!! They can't absorb the liquid waste cause then they would also absorb the pool water, which defeats the purpose of wearing a swim diaper and they require you to put a pair of plastic swim pants over the top to keep any solid waste from filtering out. . . . they just fail to tell you where you could actually pick up a pair of said plastic pants. AND with the prospect of the boys starting swim classes in the near future all I could see was $$ being thrown in the trash, two pair of disposable swim diaps a day, for four days a week, for four weeks ~ well that is enough math and money to put a mom into a real tizzy! So I went on a search for my alternative options. There's ALWAYS another option!!
I tried my go to website first one step who had adorable swim diaps but only pink left so not so good for the boys, then I tried a new (to me) website at diapers.com and they had several, in stock & in blue!! We were in business!! Of course there are several options to choose from, and obviously as a pure procastonator I had missed out on some cuter (read more plain) looking swim diapers but since both boys have plenty of swim trunks to cover the diapers I went ahead with the ones that were in stock and ready to ship.
We tried one on Kaiden and I have to say two things: 1. they are much less bulky then they appear in this photo, in fact they are VERY thin and 2. they are nicely adjustable with Velcro tabs and drawstring ties so the same size nicely fits both boys!! Of course the other main motivator behind this is the savings at $9.99 a piece I have saved big time, not to mention infinite trips to get more disposables which saves time and gas so even MORE $$$ saving!!How Do They Work?!
Well the verdict is technically out on this one since they weren't delivered until last night. The FedEx driver's truck broke down on Friday and since he lived in our area he brought them home with him to deliver but since he didn't get off work until 1:00 am Saturday morning he waited until a normal time to deliver them. . . . BUT we have big plans to put them to use today and as I said before swim diapers don't technically do anything so I'm sure they will be just fine and as a side note these have a built in waterproof outer layer so you bypass the never ending search for plastic swim pants, so these might be the first pair of swim diapers to actually be worth the $$$!!
Just be careful when you wash these....don't wash it with anything else that can get lint into the velcro. Then they won't work any more. Learned that the hard way!
ReplyDelete