It's Been 1 Year, ALREADY!!!
Here's Pierce last year in his surgical gown awaiting the start of his big day. . . .
Looking Back
I can still remember every detail and agonizingly long minute of that entire day. Some things are just forever burned in your memory, and that day, for sure was!! I remember we got there to check in at 5:00am and he was supposed to be in surgery by 7:00, but there was an emergency surgery that pushed his start back and even though he hadn't eaten for hours he was pleasant and smiley. The worst part was when they gave him the sedatives, it was a hard good bye when the nurses took him back but we were told where to wait and how often we would be called with updates. And surprise of all surprises our good friends Darin & Quincy joined us down at the hospital and waited with us the entire time ~ which if you don't know Darin it's hard to describe him accurately, but he is one funny dude. And of course having Quincy there for the quiet times and to keep my mind off of the reality of what was happening to my sweet baby was a huge relief.
Since Then. . . .
There has been NO stopping this amazing baby!! Pierce has healed nicely from his surgery, from both a cosmetic and cardiac standpoint, which is SO amazing!! Obviously this boy is a healthy growing fella! I mean the funniest thing is to think back that at this time last year we were doing EVERYTHING we could to get him to gain weight to be an 8 pound baby in time for his surgery and now a year later he is only a pound lighter then his 'big brother'!! I've said it before and I'm sure I will again but our name is our virtue & Pierce, for sure, is a rock!!!


I cannot believe it has been a year already!
ReplyDelete