Enough IS Enough!!

And There IS Such A Thing As 'Too Much Of A Good Thing!!'

Over The Top



OH BOY ~ just looking back at these pictures makes my neck tighten up and the stress overload come rushing back. . . breath in . . . . blow it out. . . .

So you could say that we had some toys. OK we have a LOT of toys. We have TOO MANY TOYS!! Although in the picture, admittedly Kaiden & Pierce do look quite delighted, but they get overwhelmed too! So we were on a mission ~ let's downsize!!

SO CATHARTIC!!
It was almost as great a feeling as having gone to the spa, alright let's not get too carried away, ONLY the spa makes you feel like you've been at the spa, BUT it did feel pretty great to get it dealt with!

This is a pile of the downstairs toys. Yup that's right there are MORE toys in the upstairs playroom, and of course each boy has an assortment of toys in their room and that isn't to say anything about the books. . . although the books are educational and Kaiden is an avid reader, something I can say without doubt he gets from ME!! So for now I am just focusing on the toys downstairs!!

Use It OR Lose It!!
Seriously getting rid of ANYTHING baby related is HARD!! Those are gifts, toys, whatevers bought for your sweet, beloved, angel child. . . SNAP OUT OF IT!! If it isn't something they use daily or even occasionally it's just clutter, get rid of it or find yourself on the TV show Hoarders! Each of those people had the best excuse and intention for everything they kept ~ but that ain't me!!!

So although there are still more children in our future (not immediate future, this is NOT a pregnancy announcement!) I decided if two children did not find it entertaining then it must be in the Kirk DNA and there is no reason to hang on to it to see if Kirk kid #3 likes it! Plus the other thing I went with was getting rid of duplicates ~ again, well intended but let's face it there could be 30 of that toy on the ground BUT if one kid has one in his hand then that is the one and ONLY one that the sibling will want. It's just how it is!! I think that tidbit should be added to Franklin's 'Death & Taxes' quote. . . I'll add that to my To-Do list (T.D.L.), see what I can do. . . .

The End Result


~Insert picture of the bags of toys here~

Surprise, I forgot to take pictures of the two large bags I made for my friend Quincy who just had a baby back in April and the remainder of the toys which went in the donation box. But let me tell you, Oh What a feeling!! The two toy chests have only the amount of toys that will easily fit in each drawer and the two large bins which previously resided under the kitchen desk are no longer there!!! YIPPIE!!! One of those bins held 100+ mega blocks, which are indeed entertaining but were also a major source of clutter and a constant on my daily T.D.L has now been happily relocated to the closet and makes only scheduled appearances!! If you only see them occasionally then you enjoy their loud, clumsy, get-everywhere properties SO much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...