UPDATES!!
Nursery and Birthday News
Nursery:
I know you will all be SO proud of me for getting these things accomplished; I ordered the furniture AND I (we - OK Dave) got the room cleared out AND I (we - Mom helped) got 3 walls painted! I know impressive huh!?
Friday I finally made time to get down to Babies-R-Us and order the furniture and something about them telling me it would be ready in 7-14 days really got me thinking - I need to get the room READY for the furniture. Courtesy of the BRU website here is a picture of the furniture we chose for Pierce:
So Sunday Mom, Kaiden and I made a Home Depot trip to get two new colors of paint to add to all the paint left over from Kaiden's room. I thought it would be 1. economical to use all the left over paint and 2. it would tie the two rooms together nicely. So far the first has been proven true - I used the same basic wall color from Kaiden's room to paint the three walls in Pierce's room and I had to get a quart of light blue and a quart of dark blue and will be using the orange, brown, medium blue, and darker green from Kaiden's room. I know you are dying to figure out what I would need 7 different colors of paint for, but that is coming soon. . . . keep your fingers crossed we get this one to turn out as good as the stripes in Kaiden's room.
Birthday News - Pierce is going to be our Little Leprechaun this year!!!
My Dr.'s office called this afternoon to let me know that the C-section had been scheduled for March 17th at 7:00 in the morning! We're going to have a St. Patty's Day Baby - Dave and I are pumped! We've already decided that Pierce's first pictures need to be in Kaiden's onsie from last St. Patty's, we'll make that a 'Kirk Thing' and I guess we'll need to make Kaiden a new one. The crazy thing is that I have to check into the hospital by 5:00am for Pre-Op - which means that technically there is a chance (albeit slim) that Kaiden and Pierce may have the same birth minute! Dr. L's secretary said that I was the first schedule C/S for that day so as soon as my Pre-Op was done, assuming there were no emergencies, they would get me in the OR asap! WOW talk about the luck of the Irish! Now we just keep our fingers crossed that Pierce doesn't make his own plans! ;o)
Check out the countdown ticker below - time is seriously running out fast!!!
Love it! That's the furniture we have in Ryan's room. It's so pretty.
ReplyDelete