Happy 2009!!
A New Year, New Job, New Baby and New Territory!
Wow I'm exhausted just thinking about all that new stuff!
So I realize that we're almost two weeks into the new year and I am just getting around to my Happy New Years Post, but that's just how it goes. . . And if you actually read the posts or just scan them for pictures you may notice that I am missing a few from my most recent posts. Well here's the deal - we are finally beginning to ready Pierce's room which includes removing the computer and office furniture and I am now doing updates from our laptop which unfortunately doesn't have any photos on it. But maybe that'll just give you motivation to come back and check my blog again in the future!
New Year
So some how it's 2009 already and the realization that my mantra "I have time I'm not due until next year" is now no longer true! And not just that but somehow it seems since Thanksgiving time has increasingly sped up and doesn't show any sign of going back to the 'lazy days'! And from what I gather from friends and family adding a 2nd baby just seems to keep the clock on fast forward - yikes!
New Job
Just before Thanksgiving Dave was looking on the web for possible job opportunities that were worth going back to work for, he went on plenty interviews and sent in his resume several times but all the jobs were just not worth it - until this one! He went on an interview just before Christmas and had a follow up just after and then last week he got to start his 'dream job'! As you know Dave is a CPA, and has done accounting for the last 7 years, but a guy like Dave can only do so many spreadsheets. He has been interested in a division of accounting for a while called 'forensic accounting' you get cases, get to do research, go in court as an expert witness and then once that case is done, you get to move on to something new. He LOVES it! The first few days were kind of a hard transition for Kaiden, since he had gotten to spend the previous 3 weeks pretty much all day everyday with his Daddy. But he soon accepted that it was me or nothing and given those choices I'm not half bad!
New Baby
Ah yes, that's right I'm pregnant and getting ever closer to my due date and yet somehow still lack the motivation, energy or stick-to-it-ness to get the nursery done! Well done would imply that I have actually started, I mean I guess we did get the computer out of there, the desk still calls that room home, but a starts a start. Oh and when my Dad was visiting we did hang the ceiling fan and clean out the closet, so again that's something, right!? I have ordered and received the bedding for his room, so cute can't wait to get it out of the bag! And we have decided on the nursery furniture, just got to get back to the store to actually order it! The really cool thing about having a second baby the same sex as the first, you get to save $$$ on clothes, blankets, towels, well pretty much anything that was gender specific! Not to mention all those adorable outfits that were put into storage with the tags still on them b/c my Kaiden is a peanut and never got the chance to wear them during the 'right' season! And this way I can tell Pierce 'yes you have had NEW clothes NOT everything is a hand-me-down', assuming that boys actually care about this sort of thing.
New Territory
So the talk about 'my boys' brings me to my final blogging point today - I am going to be the mother of TWO - Yeeeeeeeeeeey. We are soon going to be a family of FOUR! Seriously I feel like we were just down in Jekyll Island, last weekend for our wedding and yet somehow 5 years have flown by and now baby Pierce is going to be here SO soon! The funny thing is that I am more nervous about having a second baby then I was about having my first. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not wasting time worrying about 'how I'll do it' b/c I know that newborn stage is that survival mode time, where you can't think about tomorrow, you just live/sleep/exist in the moment, but what makes me concerned is the second C-section. With Kaiden I knew towards the end that I was going to be having a C/S and it was surgery but seemed to work pretty well for us and the situation. But at discharge the "don't pick up anything heavier than the baby for two weeks" command didn't really even phase me, I mean HELLO I just had my midsection cut open WHY would I WANT to pick up anything other than Kaiden!? But now when I think about 'organizing' the whole thing it just seems crazy! We get to set-the-date, which helps to get us all a shoot for date, but what if I go into labor early again? What if it's in the middle of the night like last time? And if we make it to the set C/S date how do you even begin to spend 3 days in the hospital without getting to do the night time routine with your toddler, or the breakfast or lunch routine - and what do I do when he stands in front of me with his arms up!? And this, as you see, is where my worry lies.
Well at least I've got a few weeks to really think about these things and to pick the brains of my friends who have been there and know the territory!
Hope Everyone's New Year is off to a great start and best of luck with everything this new year brings!
So many exciting things happening in 2009! I didn't realize our blog designs are the same. Love it! You should post pics of the new bedding.
ReplyDelete