We Set The Date - Kind Of
Some how we have made it all the way to week 30 and now it is getting to (seriously) be crunch time! The appointment went well, both Pierce and I are measuring right on track and LUCK ME, I don't have gestational diabetes! I passed the one-hour glucose test, which I had to take last month - it was sabotage - I didn't know I was taking it and I brought Kaiden with me - yeah good luck entertaining a 15 month old for an hour when you feel like you're going to puke up disgusting fruit punch syrup! But all that is behind me now and the only thing to worry about is getting everything done before Pierce gets here. Oh and scheduling everyone who wants to come in town to visit the baby, and what the routine will be for who is caring for Kaiden while Mommy is at the hospital recovering, and making sure that Daddy will be in town and available to be at the hospital, especially in the OR. . . . . but other than THAT it's smooth sailing!
Scheduling your Baby's Birthday!
This is a remarkably casual event - the scheduling - for an extraordinary event! It's a very surreal experience. I LOVE my new Dr.!! He has been great throughout the whole pregnancy, he is the chief of medicine and the head of surgery for the practice and the hospital I'm delivering at. From the first appointment he has just been my ideal Dr. He's laid back - but confident/cocky as hell - which is what you WANT in a surgeon - he is such a refreshing change from my last pregnancy experience. Don't get me wrong I loved the practice I was at when pregnant with Kaiden, but for different reasons.
So yesterday he looks at me and says "are we scheduled up to cut this baby out of you yet?" Love it! I said 'nope, we're doing that today.' So he pulls out his schedule and sits on the stool to look at his laptop - at which point Kaiden thought it would be best if he climbed up in Dr. L's lap to help him use his 'puter'. After going over the week's schedule for when I'm due he says "OK lets go for the 18. Go home check your schedule and talk it over with your husband and you guys figure out if morning, noon or night will work best for you then I'll have my secretary call you to firm it up." Just like that, all casual and laid back - it was awesome! I mean you would have thought I was scheduling a lunch date or a pedicure.
Nursery Progress
OK well technically I am still at the same point I was the other day - but I figure if I make this a new segment it may actually make me be honest about what I have accomplished.
The Bedding :
This is about the only thing I have for Pierce's room, so I thought I would share a photo - courtesy of the website I bought it from, since like I said mine is still in the bag.

No comments:
Post a Comment