Sunday August 3, 2008

Such a Special Day - Kaiden's Baptism













It was such a beautiful Sunday, and it was a great service! And despite what his daddy said, Kaiden looked adorable and very cherub like! Daddy thought people may mistake him for a girl, and I said no one would, and I was right!

The Sweetest Sin. . . . .



Of course on our drive to the church Kaiden wanted to show off his new favorite trick. . . . Boys You gotta Love Them! So Dave told him that was his last free nose pick because as soon as he got baptized he would be committing a sin. I think he may have understood because look at the concentration on his face! He's such a goof ball - it's always his left finger in his left nostril - I guess we can thank God that he hasn't learned about the right one!

We had several of our close friends and family meet us at the church and our dear friends Sarah and Darin are Kaiden's Godparents, he is such a lucky boy to have so many people love him so much.

Who's Ready to Get Baptized?
















Kaiden's Baptisim Banner

All the candidates for baptism got these beautiful banners with their names on them Kaidens is the top middle. We got to keep them, we're thinking of hanging it from the ceiling in his room because ceiling signs (think grocery store) really amuse Kaiden!

Then after all the babies had been baptized and the service was over we raced back to the house to serve the yummy food Mom and I had been working on for the past two days.

Getting Baptized is Tough Work!

Since we had to be at the church an hour early and the service went a little longer than usual the poor little guy didn't make it all the way through awake.

And since they ask you not to take any photos during the actual service, to keep it sacred, they offer to pose afterwards and recreate the whole thing, but since Kaiden was napping, we just snapped one photo and headed home for the yumminess that awaited there.


Kaiden's Family - God Parents and all!



Dave and I were so happy to have so many friends and family spend such a special day with us.



Back at the House - It was Party Time











Kaiden is so excited to show off his toys to his girlfriend. Of course Ashlyn is looking at him like "I'm older and I know how to use it, so just let me at it!"

See told ya. . .




Ashlyn's Solution: Find Her Own Toy

She is such a smart cookie!



Thanks to the help of his Auntie Quincy Kaiden enjoyed a victory lap on his Mickey Plane around the kitchen




I guess the next party will be for Kaiden's first Birthday - can you believe it is so close already? The funny thing was some of my girlfriends who were also at my shower (almost a year ago to the day) were making requests for Kaiden's birthday - I gotcha ladies we need to add back the yummy cheese straws and chocolate dipped oreos! Hey whatever it takes to make my friends happy, especially since they are driving to the sticks for us! :o)


The Love Birds Are At Again!!





Aren't they just adorable together?!!? I am talking about Ashlyn & Kaiden - of course not Uncle Chad and Uncle Todd! You knew that right.
Hope Everyone is doing well!
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...