Is This What They Call Deja Vu?
So for those of you keeping score, yes this is my third pregnancy in three years and what a ride it's been so far! Dave and I are SO excited to be starting this adventure again - but this time it will be completely different since we have sweet Kaiden already!
THE BACKGROUND:
So Dave and I had discussed "trying" last month, as some of you know we want a big family and we both agree that we want the kids to be close in age. But with it being busy season and all and Dave being absolutely exhausted with working most nights till after dinner time (he leaves the house most mornings by 6:30) and also working most weekends, I didn't really think we had much of a chance this month and pretty much we had decided that we would wait until fall when the schedule gets back to normal to "try" again. But sometimes things have a way of working out, and at the risk of sounding very Kraft (instead of cheesey - it's my new Brand Naming thing - some of you may be familiar with my "spandex" work) I have felt for a while now, like we were going to have a baby in the Spring - specifically March. I know I 'm a dork and we're OK with that - but it has been my gut feeling for a while.
THE STORY:
Since Kaiden arrived the few cycles I have had have been pretty regular, so I knew when to expect my 'visit' but this time it was different. I knew something was up, and I had some signs, but honestly because Kaiden had been so sick last week I sincerely thought that I just had a mild case of his stomach flu. So the uneasiness in my stomach had been dismissed and my exhaustion - well WHO wouldn't be exhausted after changing some 60+ diapers in a week, doing 7 loads and giving a sweet angel a dozen baths in one week? So that to was "reasoned" away, and thinking back I remember one or two days last week when I had some 'tenderness' in my girls, but I honestly thought that it could be remnants of milk drying or something - anyway I was SHOCKED when I got "+" on the test I took Monday, and of course I had to follow it up with a digital this morning which instantly read "pregnant". I am still smiling from ear to ear, we are SO happy!
How I Told Big Daddy Dave:
So like I said before I was SHOCKED, literally I was shaking, and my heart started racing, like when you get a huge adrenaline rush - yup that was me! And I thought "I gotta tell Dave!" so I picked up the phone to call him, and I really wasn't doing so great with the whole staying calm thing, but when he answered I could hear that there were customers in the shop, and I couldn't tell him then, so I had some time to do some thinking. SO I decided to "surprise" him with the news when he got home around 8:00. As gross as it sounds (but don't judge too quick b/c I am sure plenty of my pals out there have done a few laps around the house with a positive test) I decided that the positive home pregnancy test (hpt) would be the 'present' and the card would spell out the good news. . . .
This is the Gift Bag that I taped silly pictures to, with a slight sports theme - touch down - bulls eye - thumbs up - home run - hole in one - GOOOOAAALLLL - and my personal favorite which was taped to the test (my Biology teacher humor showing) sperm in egg picture - did ya notice it before?
The BIG Brother To-Be. . .
Couldn't be happier!
OK, I realize he doesn't actually know whats going on, but just look how stinking cute he is!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment