Good News, A Happy Heartbeat & More Obscure Ultra Sound Pictures!
I know you were thinking "how much longer until she post some fuzzy, hard to decipher black and white ultra sound photos?" Well today is your lucky day my friends!
This one is kinda blurry - even for me - but she went for the up-top ultra sound wand instead of the internal one so I got to keep my pants on but the picture isn't quite as clear - I'm OK with that trade off!
Here's Baby . . . . .
She put a nice arrow pointing to which gray spec is the baby, she is such a sweet ultrasonogropher!I was having a huge wave of nausea, from both the pregnancy and my nerves, I'm sure. But she found the sac right away - I could easily see that from my vantage point, but then there was silence while she maneuvered the wand, and I had to interrupt and say "I'm sorry if this seems pushy but can you please tell me if there is a heartbeat, I kind of have a bad history of this 8 week ultra sound" She said yes there was a heartbeat and she thought she had a good enough position to hear it so she turned on the Doppler and there it was "wush-wush-wush" I LOVE that sound!
So pretty much everything is good so far, my levels are fine, and I trusted my technician but I did ask her to make another pass, because for as sick as I have been I thought for sure there must be a second baby in there, and she said "nope only one. Maybe it's a girl" That would be a shocker - but apparently the Old Wives Tale goes: if a baby girl is present her extra progesterone mixed with the mother's already sky high progesterone is what causes moms to be more sick (generally) when pregnant with a girl.
I put about as much faith in O.W.T.'s as I do in Sea Monkey's but to each his own.
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment