Week 36 - Update and Photos - belly shots and Dave!
The Good, the "not-so" Good and the weird. . . . .
So I returned from my 36 week appointment with some "choices" to ponder. . . . The GOOD news is that Kaiden is doing great! He has a healthy heartbeat and is growing/measuring right on schedule.
The "not so" good news is that Kaiden has taken up a breech position in my belly. Which that part actually was not a surprise, we all knew he was head's up since he likes to poke his head out from under my right rib cage. But something about realizing that there is little time left for him to flip, and discussing my options for after next weeks appointment made everything seem really real!
SO what are the options. . . . . . well next week at my 37 week check up we'll do another ultrasound to confirm his position, if at that time he is still breech (which we kind of all suspect he will be) then we can do one of two things. First we can schedule an external cephalic version (ECV). Where basically they try to scoop his buttocks out of my pelvis and nudge his head into a down ward "exit position. Which sounds fine and dandy except that they say that it only has a 58% success rate and that rate is lower when it is your first baby.
The other option (or the fall back option if the ECV fails) is to schedule a C-section. Which at least would give me peace of mind as to when we'll get to meet Kaiden, and I wouldn't have to worry about going into labor with a breech baby. I just worry what the recovery time will be like, I know it is different for every woman, but I would still like an idea of how long. . . .
The "weird" is what my body is doing in preparation for labor. I have read like every pregnancy book, and all of them have mentioned the mucus plug and the bloody show as signs labor was on the way (either immediately or somewhere down the road). Well wasn't I super excited to learn that I had lost part of my mucus plug this past week, and I called my nurse and told her half expecting her to say "go home and rest until contractions start" but basically she said "OK, let us know if you have any real signs of labor like contractions or your water breaking!" Ha Ha first time mom over eagerness! Of course knowing what we know now about Kaiden's breech position I am glad I didn't go into labor!
We'll keep you posted on how things go!
Photos:
Belly Shots - I guess those words take on a whole different meaning when you are pregnant!
Sorry for the torso shots but it was late and I was in my PJs so there was NO way my face was getting in the picture!
And a view from the front:
Dave's "shower" Pictures. . .
Well we realized that the Daddy to be didn't have many or any pictures on here, so we received a gift last night from Grammy (aka my mom) and we decided to let him open it so I could shoot photos of him "enjoying" the gifts. Now I know (without a DOUBT) why they shower the MOM and NOT the DAD!!! Just look at the expressions of sheer Joy and delight on his face!
"Great, a rabbit wrist thingy! That is just what my Boy needs!"

I can't tell if Dave is trying to throw up subliminal gang signs or if he is just showing me the itty bitty socks and shoes! Instead of West Side, I think he is throwing up Crib Side!
And last but certainly not least is Dave in his son's "going home" outfit! Boy I sure hope Kaiden looks half as good in it as Dave does!

No comments:
Post a Comment