Week 34 - The Nursery is Complete!

Well it is 99.9% complete!!!! And that is close enough for me!


So for the past two weekends Mom and I have been up to our elbows in 7 paint colors, paint brushes and blue painter tape. As you saw, last week we painted in the first set of stripes, we let them dry for a week, mainly b/c we only have time on Sunday's to work in the room, and we went back in today to finish the job!


We actually kind of liked the look of the stripes with the blue tape outlines, but we figured we really should go ahead and finish it the right way!


So, like any good "free labor" mom whined that she was getting too old to go up and down the ladder 100 times to tape and paint the top of the stripes, but somehow all I had to say was "well then I guess I'll do it" and she would shut her yap and get back to work! :o)


Each time we got to unveil another stripe we would ooh & aaah and get inspired to paint another. It actually went very quickly today, and in no time we were cleaning up and moving the furniture back into the room. Here again, when I say "we" I mean Mom was pushing the furniture and I was directing/supervising - a job I have always been very well qualified at!


We unloaded the 4 goodie bags we had gotten at Babies-R-Us yesterday, and were very excited with the outcome. . . . . . .


The 99.9% Complete Nursery. . . . . .

In case you are wondering what is keeping this from being 100% complete, well we have adorable curtains to be hung up on the two windows, and I have 3 more items to be hung on the walls, but Dave promises he'll do them for me tonight when he gets home from the warehouse, so it is almost complete!

We are SO excited about the way it came out, and it is a really good feeling to have everything in place and to know where it all is! Now I have just got to wash it all! Oh the joys! Guess I know what I'll be doing for the rest of my Sunday night!

Take care and hope everyone is doing well!

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...