Week 33 - Was a BIG Week!!

A baby shower & work on the nursery!!!

The Mommy to Be. . . . .



The Shower. . . .


Well they call it a baby shower, but I swear mine felt more like a down pour! We got SO many amazing gifts! We must have the MOST generous friends and family!


So two of my best girlfriends and my mom threw me a shower at my house, which was just so fun! It was nice for everyone to 1. get to see the new house and 2. take a peek at Kaiden's room, which of course was staged but not quite 100% ready. It was great, the whole down stairs was decorated in baby blue and chocolate brown, and there were beautiful flower arrangements and let's not forget the yummy food. Especially the petite fours, man I adore those little sweet cakes!



And I am a present person, I love presents! I love giving them and of course I love receiving them, so I had a lot of fun getting to open all the gifts and oooh & aaah over the goodies. And best of all, I loved hearing the older moms saying things like "well we never had things like that and you kids turned out just fine!" Gotta love moms

The Nursery. . . . .

So you have seen at least pictures of the furniture before, and all I had added (and not pictured) was the nursery set - the jungle babies set from NoJo - so between the colors in the set, and a page from my 1st year baby's scrapbook, I got inspired - finally- to paint Kaiden's room!



And since we have so much FREE time on our hands I thought, what better way to decorate than with an entire wall of vertical stripes!!! Blame it on my hormones or my underestimation of actually applying ideas into production, but I didn't think this would be a big deal. We chose which wall we wanted to paint with the stripes, then we chose a nice solid color for the other 3 walls in the room, and we headed to home depot to retrieve the paints! Which as you know I have mentioned before sat in the garage for a good two or three weeks.




With a little mathematical intervention from my brother, the help of a plum line - screw that damn laser line, we went straight OLD SCHOOL with this one, we had stripes measured and taped. We got the three solid walls painted, and every other stripe painted the Sunday after the shower.

So, what do ya think?















We plan on finishing the nursery this weekend, so stay on the look out for updated pictures and if you want to see more pictures from the baby shower, click on the "our pictures" link at the top right, I finally did some updating there too!

Can't believe how close we are getting to Kaiden's arrival! Hope everyone is doing well.

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...