Week 37 - Our Little Man is HERE!!!

The week started as "hurry up and wait" and ended as just "HURRY UP!"

So at our 37 week appointment last Wednesday we were given another ultra sound to confirm the placement of the baby, and then were asked what our decision was. We told the Dr. that we wanted a C-section and he said we would wait until the 27 to schedule the C-section. Not that ALL of pregnancy doesn't feel like this, but it was more hurry up and wait. So we left thinking we would meet our Kaiden in 3 weeks, which in the grand scheme of things is NO time at all.

We had a very busy weekend with work. Dave and I had to make uniform deliveries until 3:00 am Friday night, then we had to work the store Sat. morning and spent Sat. afternoon and part of Sun. afternoon getting things organized up at the warehouse. After we left the warehouse on Sunday we headed to SAM'S, I was getting impatient about stocking up on some staples b/c I kept telling Dave that Kaiden would be here before we knew it. Well as we were bustling around Sams, I started feeling some tightening, and muscle flutters in my stomach. I even said to Dave, "I think I just had a contraction" we both smiled but hurried to the next aisle to get my coffee maker. The contractions continued randomly for a few hours and then they kind of faded, so I dismissed them as Braxton Hicks.

When we made it home Sunday night, I was exhausted, from the weekend, and my back was aching like crazy. Then as I was sitting on the couch I noticed that after my back would ache I would have a small contraction. I wasn't sure what was going on so I got a huge glass of water and went to bed. I jokingly told Dave that I needed some rest just in case the boy decided to come tonight. . .

Well as we know he did decide to come that night!! I woke up around 3:00 and needed to go pee, HUGE freaking surprise right?! I wiggled my way out of bed and started towards the toilet, as I walked I started to freak out because I couldn't understand why I was peeing on myself! It took a few seconds for me to realize this was exactly what ALL the pregnancy books had prepared me for - feeling like you're peeing but NOT being able to stop it. So I said (not yelled) said "Um, Dave. . . . . I think my water broke" I think he did a back flip out of the bed he was so excited. Dave normally sleeps like the dead so I was shocked that he had even heard me, much less was ready to start getting things set to leave. After double checking everything and leaving food for the animals we set off on our way to have our baby!

We made it to Northside sometime between 4:30 & 5:00 am we walked into the Labor and Delivery and I began getting checked in and my water started gushing again. They had to bring me some towels and I wrapped them around me like a diaper. They took us to a pre-op room, did another ultra sound to confirm the breech position of Kaiden and then they called the anesthesiologist. Originally I was scheduled for a 8:30 or 9:00 surgery but the surgeon on call came in and said she didn't feel like waiting that long and that they were going to go ahead and get me in before 6:30 am! Dave and I were so excited!

We were wheeled into the OR right around 6:30, Kaiden was delivered at 6:58 am and I was in the post-op recovery room by 7:30. It was great! I must say that it is a very strange sensation to be lying there completely awake and know that they are cutting into you and you can't feel it. Dave and I chatted the whole time with the Dr.s and nurses and I remember Dave saying he was annoyed that "the woman kept stepping into his field of view" - can I just point out "that woman" was the SURGEON! Dave got some good pictures, and everything went well, the only thing I was upset about was I requested twice to see the placenta before they threw it out, but they didn't let me!

The rest is history! We were discharged on Thursday at rush hour in the pouring rain, talk about a stressful ride - ONLY for me - Dave was good to go. We are home now, and everyone is doing great! Kaiden is such a good baby and we are loving every single minute of our new life!!!

There are links to his pictures in the "our pictures" link. You can also look at his Northside web site at http://www2.thatsmybaby.net/BabySites/baby.php
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...