SAY WHAT?!

Little Blurbs From My Sweet Boys

Baby Brother:
Now Pierce is coming along great with his vocabulary and really has had an explosion this summer with his words, identification and sentences!  His speech therapist couldn't be more proud of him.  We only qualified for every other week but he has been doing great with these sessions.  And at the end of each session she gives us things she wants us to work on with him - like his two hands in the air "Ta-Da!" so stinking cute, or his "I did it!" where he raises one hand.  He can ask for his favorite things, tell you if he is wet (this will help with my next goal = potty training), he loves to tell you about the lights, and of course he likes to boss around his babies in his crib, he'll pick each one up and say "sit down Mouse" then he'll slide his Mickey Mouse doll down into a propped up sitting position - what can I say he's a boy who takes after his Momma!  If you ask him if he wants something he can answer 'Yeah' or 'No, no Momma' - said with a wag of his finger and scowl on his face, and he is also doing well when given a choice of two although he tends to cheat and just point as opposed to repeating the word.  BUT progress IS progress and I couldn't be happier!  And on top of his intelligible speech he LOVES to tell you stories, he is VERY graphic with his facial expressions and eyebrow abilities and is getting SO close to being good to go on his speech.  BUT he's not quite to the same stage as Kaiden who's mental and verbal capacity FAR surpass what I EVER thought an almost 4 year old would have the ability to understand. . .

My Little Lexicon
So we spend a lot of time talking to Kaiden about all different kinds of concepts.  I mean there is a WHOLE world of knowledge out there and he loves to learn and explore, which is GREAT, but when things go in and get processed through the fantastical mind of his sometimes they come back out just a little off base - and they happen to be on the right track IF some of those things were possible but not quite right.

Going Potty & Growing Big and Strong

BACKGROUND: so when we're home I let him duck behind a bush and relieve himself outside - I mean I don't know a Mom of a little boy who doesn't - but for me, of course I still have to go inside to relieve myself.  And well, being pregnant I have to do it quite often, and although we live in a great neighborhood I always make my boys come inside with me, just to be safe, they comply although not without cries of protest and annoyance. . .  Another frequent conversation with the K-man is about how he HAS to eat his healthy food too NOT just his gummies, or ice pops, cause although they taste good they won't help him grow as big and strong as the fruit, veggies & chicken will.  So here's the scene, we are in the car, where typically our BEST conversations go down, and he walked in on me watching the end of the Jaycee Dugard story and he understood that it was about a bad man taking the little girl from her family.

  • SO he says "Did she not go inside with her Mommy when she went inside to go potty and got taken by a bad man"  Of course I didn't want to lie so I explained that isn't exactly what happened but that is why I always make him & Pierce come in with me.  Kaiden got quiet for a minute while he thought (since he was a baby you can always tell when he is deep in thought by the look on his face, so much concentration for such a little fella) then he said "Mom, if you eat all your veggies and grow up big, big, big and strong like me (mind you he still fits in 18 month shorts), and your vagina could grow big, big BIG (he's moving his hands further and further apart) then you could stand up and go pee outside like me, and you could watch for the bad men, and we wouldn't have to go inside all the time."   Ha ha ha, does it get any better than this?!  See what I mean he is sorta on the right thought train, except he didn't realize that (and THANK GOD for this) a vagina can NEVER grow into a penis!!!

Theology & Astronomer

BACKGROUND: Pretty much from the first time Kaiden saw the moon he has been fascinated by our immediate space in the solar system, the globe, planets, the stars,  you name it - he's a fan!  I mean there was a phase there between 18 months and two and a half years where this kid could spot the moon in ANY of it's phases in ANY sort of media - TV commercials, shows, cartoons, print magazines, on the computer - I mean he was OBSESSED!  And in a particular stroke of genius I had pulled up a NASA slideshow of their beautiful photographs and I was letting him play with the mouse & next thing I know he has made one image the new home screen image and the rest were the freaking screen saver slide show - I still have to think EVERY time I want to do that!  ANYWAY, you get the point!  In addition to his astronomical interests he also lives in a Christian household, and attends a little church based preschool and we often read little passages out of his children's bible (although he typically mistakes the cartoony images of Jesus for Santa Claus in his PJs, but he listens to the stories for the most part) and we try to remember to sing our prayers every night with the boys.  So he gets that we talk to God, and he knows that our loved ones who have passed already are up in Heaven with Jesus. . . .

  • SO yesterday we are driving past a cemetery and Kaiden wants to know why it's OK for a car to park on that little road that passes through the gravestones.  SO, I explain that those people are visiting a loved one who has passed and is now up in Heaven.  Again he gets quiet for a minute and gets lost in deep thought for a minute then he says "but Mom we just pretend like Heaven is up in the sky right?!  Cause our stars and moon and the planet are really whats up in the sky not Heaven right?  We just pretend right?!"  OH BOY, where do I start!?  My best attempt at an answer "Well Kaiden, yes, our planet, the stars and the moon are all floating in the sky, but we don't pretend that Heaven is there, we BELIEVE that it is also there.  And belief in something is much stronger than pretending that something is there, and God is up there watching over all of us, and He is the one who offers us all our blessings and He is the one who listens to and answers our prayers but we just can't see Him the same way we can see the planet and stars and moon"  He takes this all in, is quiet for another minute and says "OK, so we just pretend He's there but the moon, stars and Earth really are there?"  I mean I guess that is close enough right!?

Ophthalmology As A Hobby, Maybe!?

BACKGROUND: Kaiden got a slightly red and dry eye this past spring and he would itch at it which would then irritate it and then it would make the slimy eye boogers stick to his eye lashes or the back of his hand - it only lasted for a day or two but he really didn't like it so I had some over the counter 'pink eye relief' drops and some artificial tears and amazingly he let me put the drops in his eyes a few times each day and then I continued with the tear drops for a few days after the redness was gone just as good measure.  Well during this 'treatment' time I talked to him about why it is important not to put our fingers in our eyes, about how the eye makes tears to help flush out any dirt or other germs that may make it's way in there and how sometimes when our eyes get really upset we need to help the eye out by putting drops in to make it better.   

  •  Some mornings, generally the ones that start off on the right foot, sometime around 6:30 Kaiden makes his way down the hall from his bed to ours, and he snuggles up in between us and does his best to talk quiet to Daddy (I generally attempt to keep sleeping for another 20+ minutes, or at least APPEAR to be sleeping, I know Mom Of The Year!) well this particular morning he was laying on his back, head resting on the pillow and he yawned in the middle of going through what he wanted to do with Dave before he left for work (this generally includes starting the coffee, and Dave's assistance with some video game, or finding some lost toy).  Well after yawning his eyes watered and Kaiden stopped mid sentence and said "Dad, why do my eyes tear if I'm not crying?"  Dave said ask Mommy.  SO I answered "Well Kaiden sometimes when you first wake up your eyes may be a little dry so your eyes make the tears to help lubricate them so that they don't feel so tired anymore"  Apparently this satisfied his curiosity cause he went right back to talking about how he wanted Dave to complete some level on his Cars 2 video game.

I know there are more and I just can't think of them right now, but after talking to my girlfriend the other day about these cute little Kaiden'isms she said you HAVE to right these down so you can remember them always.  AND well, knowing me I thought Yeah, like I'm gonna start a journal or a baby book almost 4 years later  - but I did think I could blog about it!!  Cause I still firmly believe that I am about the only one who checks this regularly, except for a few close friends and family!  But boy oh boy are we gonna be in for a real treat when Pierce starts talking in concepts - I can NOT wait to figure out whats going on in that brain of his!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...