MY THREE SONS!!

Yeah, You Read Right - ANOTHER Kirk BOY!!!

I almost feel like I have to write a retraction to one of the statements I made on my very last post where I told Kaiden "that vagina's NEVER grow into penises" - HA well NOT that this baby ever (obviously) had a vagina BUT damn if a penis hadn't shown up from my 12 week appointment till yesterday!!!  Talk about a shocker!!

Saying Goodbye Before We Said Hello!
Honestly I would NOT have been shocked,at all (given my gender track record) had I not been told by my perinatologist at my 12 week N/T scan - who used a level II ultra sound machine - that he believed with 85% certainty that this baby was a girl, I mean I didn't base it on some gender predictor calendar or a carnival side show guess your. . . . at the state fair, this was my freaking specialist!!!  BOY was he sheepish & quiet yesterday when the nurse showed him our baby's undeniably male parts a hanging out there in the open!!  I like to think of myself as a pretty level headed person, but I can't deny that for the past 7 weeks  I was secretly daydreaming about the adorable little girl clothes I was going to go on a shopping spree for after the appointment, AND I admit I went into the basement and drug out the girls bedding I purchased two years ago, when I thought that Pierce would be a girl, and brought it up to the guest bedroom to start getting inspiration for my baby girl's room. . . . well - that ALL came to a screeching halt with the words "Wait, what is that?" from my Hubs!  The poor nurse started to say "oh Momma I hate to tell you. . . " I stopped her RIGHT in her tracks & said "OH you DON'T have to tell me what we're looking at, I've seen it TWO times before.  WE'RE pretty proficient at spotting male parts!"  Ha ha ha - so much for the few girl things I had been given after the 85% guess that he was a she!!

I really wasn't sad to hear we are having another boy - I love my boys so why would I feel different about one more - but it is weird to sort of mourn the loss of the baby you THOUGHT you were having.  Which I guess is why even if you're at a specialist's office and they are using a high level machine you should still ask them NOT to even reveal a guess of the gender!  False confidence is a bitch when it turns out to be completely wrong!   Ha ha ha!  And the funniest part is, in the first day I've already been asked if "we're planning on chasing the girl & going for a fourth?" - um, how bout you let me finish cooking this baby & work on recovering for at least 10 minutes before we rev the engine up again!?  AND I've been given advice about "well you know if you really wanted to have a girl, all you have to do is . . . . . (fill in blank with any assortment of 'helpful' advise about position, frequency, diet, pH balance - you name it). . . .  My answer - "Well, I didn't realize this whole making a baby thing is much the same as the interactive "make your pizza" app on Papa John's website - if I'd only known!"  I know people think they're being helpful - but I'm NOT distraught, honestly - I'm excited.  Cause in the months leading up to my pregnancy all I was praying for was a healthy, & happy (and did I say HEALTHY) baby!!  I never once thought to tell God what to give me in terms of gender or when to give it to me, I just asked for the blessings of another baby & for the baby to be healthy - and Good NEWS, So far SO good!!

My Newest Little Man!
So since I was fairly confident (right up until about 10:00 yesterday) that I was growing my first baby girl, we already had her named, and she was going to get the new bedroom/former guest room AND we already had her bedding & a few adorable outfits hanging in her closet. . . . Well as we've learned those plans changed when the manhood was discovered so Dave and I went into rethinking mode!  To say the least!  And my girlfriend Vickie called after my appointment to check on how baby's anatomy was (sans gender) since you may remember Pierce is her boyfriend, she wanted to check that this baby was healthy so far & we were going over all the stats I was given yesterday, and I couldn't be more excited that all of this baby looks whole & good to go!

Then of course she says "So have you got a name?"  I laugh cause she of all people know we have been calling baby Tinker Bell or by her real name - AND her suggestions were to call the baby "Frank" after my Grandfather & as a nod to Dave's favorite term for the boy parts "frank & beans" Ha ha ha - so um hell nah, we ain't got a name!  So we start talking names & as I've posted before I am a HUGE believer in our name is our virtue and I want my kids to have good strong names, but I'd prefer that they also be somewhat original names (Kaiden's is a little too popular for my tastes, but HE is ALL Kaiden!!) and I said I want this baby to have the same initials as Dave which are DAK but that I am NOT a fan of namesakes - I like the idea of honoring a loved one with a name tribute, but am not a big fan of exact namesakes.  NOT to mention, in our case, there are a couple million (YES MILLION) David Allen (Kirk = hundreds of thousands) so it's hard to feel like an original when so many others have your same name.

So I was on the phone with Vickie & Dave was sitting with me and we got to work throwing out our favorite name choices that would give us a D.A.K. result - and just as we were rounding the corner on finalizing the name, Vickie says "well now you have to say it like you are hearing it over the loud speakers at a football game -think loud, excited sports announcer voice - 'and now starting at quarter back we have. . . . . ' she laughed and then said OH YEAH that is a great name & he can totally play football!"  Ha ha ha

Without Further Delay

So here are the pictures of our little man Dax Archer: oh and I almost forgot it means 'steady leader' - yeah I'll take that as a name for my third boy!!

This shows the alien shot looking down on the face, Dax as 'the thinker', a torso & his foot

Top left is what made him Dax as opposed to Tinker Bell, his hand balled into a fist, another thinker and Dax's adorable profile!


Oh and the best part - I get to KEEP MY BLOG NAME!!!  Cause this solidifies it, BOYS R US!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...