"O' What A Night!"

Early September in '09

One Of Our Best Nights Ever
Waiting Patiently

Seriously you could not have asked for a better night!!! Yes we had a bit of a wait to get into the restaurant, but it was SO worth it! The food was oh so yummy, cold drinks, amazing entertainment - including Kaiden's show stopping dancing and crowd pleasing smiles. Really, nights don't get any better. After a day of on and off rain we got to sit and watch a beautiful sunset, chat with friendly people, and eventually get a great seat right in front of the band. Now let me say I LOVE sugarland, and this lady was as good if not better - to me that's saying a lot!! We got Kaiden's food almost as soon as we got seated, along with some crayons and paper - and he was set. Shortly there after we were served our drinks and salad - and both were delightful. Dave ordered the scallops and I got the shrimp & scallop spicy tomato fettuccine - oh I wish I could have eaten it all - within minutes of receiving our dinners the band started and that is when the real fun began - the music was amazing and Kaiden entertained the whole restaurant - he even approached an 18 month old and actually did a head bob and pointed to the 'dance floor' oh he is such a lady killer - I'm telling you I could NOT have been more proud of my little stud!
Waving At Mom From Dance Floor
And although he's a little younger and asleep for most of the evening, close to the end of the evening Kaiden found Pierce's carrier walked over, lifted the blanket and yelled "Baby Pierce is Sleeping! Mommy look - Baby Pierce Wake Up!" Oh really I wonder why he would wake up!? But can I just say that not one tear fell from that baby's sleepy eyes, he woke up to loud band music, a brother in his face and he had a smile on his face and was ready to hang - it's good to be a Kirk!

Tonight is one of those nights - all is right with the world and I know bed time has come and gone and any second now chaos will ensue - but as I type this with Kaiden sprinting around the beach house with his bike helmet on talking about what we did today and baby Pierce hanging on the table with me I just don't want the night to end. I'm going to do my best to freeze this moment in time and carry it with me for days when the night doesn't end this well. Kaiden Loving His Helmet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...