Or Just Random Venting
So anyone who has read any amount of my blog knows that both Dave and I feel incredibly blessed to have our boys and that we really would not change one thing about them. They are both healthy, happy and amazing us everyday with how they are developing and growing. Now having said that. . . . . Since Pierce's birth very often I have heard the comment "I don't know how you do it" - well honestly because there isn't another option. I mean really what is the 'other way', I in no way think this makes me special, I just feel like this makes me a mom. I mean look around, find any mom and tell me she isn't dealing with SOMETHING! ANYTHING!! It could be teething, the flu, fighting nap time, fighting feeds, weaning from the bottle, starting solids, potty training, separation anxiety, exhaustion from trying to keep up with all the extra work, or pressure from well meaning family to have another one - I mean seriously once you become a mom you have empathy & sympathy for Moms everywhere! Cause once you're a member of the Mom Club it's for life - Moms 4 Life!!
The Perks
As with any membership there are of course some great perks, which pretty much the rest of my blog highlights - but in general they are getting to see the world through their eyes, watching the wonderment that is childhood, shopping for those cute little outfits for special occasions, you know the good stuff!
The Confessions
So these aren't going to be really juicy confessions or anything, but I'm sure we've all thought it, at some point, either about being a mom or about our kids or worse the stuff we snubbed our noses at before we had kids but now understand all too well why. . .
- I am one of those moms who opens the box of crackers or cookies & lets my kid happily munch while I shop in peace. Of course I always purchase what we open - but like they say choose your battles wisely - and I've found if I get him a snack at the start everything runs smoother
- In direct disobedience to the AAP, I let my kids watch the Disney channel in the morning while I fix & feed them breakfast!! AND I let them watch GPB (who actually have some GREAT shows) Word World while making & feeding lunch. It gives them something to do while waiting & keeps them just distracted enough to open their mouth when the food is moving towards it. . . for now it works & that's all that matters!
- Although I do appreciate the subtle adult humor and or catchy songs sometimes the voices of the characters grate on my nerves SO badly that I have to turn it off = This is how I limit their viewing times, see AAP I do have some limits!
- We LOVE Music!! We always have it playing & Kaiden knows a lot of the lyrics ~ it's just that we listen to Top 40 & hip hop so instead of rocking out to 'Old McDonald' he rocks out to BEPs but in the end he's still getting to listen to music so that's good, right?!!
- There is ALWAYS a diaper to be changed, a mouth to be fed or bump to be kissed which I guess means job security but seriously. . . . enough with the poop already!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment