My Big Boys
Check Up Stats
Pierce's Six Month
Well this is the unofficial check up since we haven't had his six month yet, but just after we got back fro the beach Kaiden so lovingly shared his brochiolitis with Pierce. Yup, you guessed it another trip to the doctors office, so I drop Kaiden off at school with his 'nummycakes' for his birthday and off we go to get Pierce checked out. Don't worry he's fine, he did some breathing treatments and we now have to discuss if Kaiden can stay in school or should we wait a year so he's not constantly getting Pierce sick. . . . anyway I digress. Pierce weighs 15 pounds even, he is 25 & 1/4 inches tall and his head circumference is 40cm! He's HUGE! I mean relatively speaking of course, he is just now fitting into his 3 to 6 month clothes, but when the nurse said that his weight put him at 40th% I about fell out of my chair! Go Pierce!
Kaiden's Two Year
So a week later on what was Pierce's actual six month birthday Kaiden went in for his check up, funny how that worked out. Anyway as expected he was on the smaller side of normal he weighed in at 23 pounds, 31.5 inches tall and his head circumference was 49cm. The good news was that his growth was right on track for him, and although he had only gained 4 pounds in a year his height to weight ratio was perfect and even more shocking was that he was in the 8% for weight - highest he's gotten - yay Kaiden! And the funniest part was the two year questionnaire you have to fill out about how your child is developing and it asks if your child can put two or three words together to form a sentence and to give an example - now I'm not bragging I know Kaiden has a huge vocabulary for a two year old but this was his sample sentence - "Mommy I need to watch halloween videos on the computer please." The doc laughed and said not to worry about his small statute that all his energy goes to building his brain and sprinting - which is true!
No comments:
Post a Comment