So Close And Yet So Far


Single Day Count Down Till Pierce!


Over Do It?! Who Me?!

I feel like I may need to join a support group for this - Hi my name is Katie and I have no idea what 'taking it easy' means until it's blaringly obvious that I've done too much!


So as you know the "Great Countdown" is in FULL SWING! And with the looming delivery of a newborn you try to get as much done as you can while you still know the rules of the game you're playing. Cause Lord knows once there is a new player in the game that - well it's no longer the same game. . . . . former athlete analogy over. SO with that being said I was really trying to pack something into each day on our schedule for both myself and Kaiden and of course top it all off with fun filled weekends with the fam!


The Run Down

Thursday

So Thursday I had planned a final hoorah dinner with my dear friend Sarah - also affectionately known as Sashi. We had gotten together for a girls night out dinner a few weeks back and it was wonderful so I thought why not do it again. But unfortunately and regrettably I had to back out at the last minute because of my sheer exhaustion and the need to make it to my scheduled due date - since we have scheduled help flying in for their assigned 'shifts'. See to make it down to dinner in time I would have gone early and shopped or walked around Target or Babies R Us, until she was ready to meet up, and that means loading and unloading Kaiden at stores, plus walking and pushing a cart - all things before 37 weeks that I never took time to consider, but now - that is a BIG deal. It takes a lot of energy and just the thought makes me feel like I could bring on contractions.


Friday

Then originally on Friday we were going to try and meet up with another friend Mel who lives further away and let our kiddos get together for some play time. But there again the thought of almost 3+ hours in a car (round trip) and the fact that Saturday was 'how pregnant' I was with Kaiden when my water broke, I just didn't feel comfortable being more than 30 or so minutes from my hospital - you know just in case. So Melissa and I decided just to do lunch down the street and then go to the church playground that is across the street. Luckily - thanks to back roads - the church was also only 20 minutes for my friend Heather and her son Jack - so they were able to meet us there for some fun in the sun. After stuffing our faces and bellies as full as we could of Cici's pizza we headed across the street for play time, of course it was almost 3:00 by the time we got there so it was certainly warm. We slathered the kiddos in sunblock and let them run - the amazing thing was that all three seemed to be entertained by the sandbox for at least 30 minutes - which was great no walking involved since they were some what 'contained'. However they got bored and each went in different directions so the moms split up and went hunting for their child, with the exception of Kaiden's walk thru the pirate ship - which scared me half to death since I wasn't sure where he was for about 35 seconds - he stayed right with me and followed directions like a champ! But I guess being in the warm sun, and walking around the playground, were all making me dehydrated which lead to contractions starting. They weren't close or consistent but they were there all the same - so we left got some cool and delicious Italian Ice and went to the house so I could drink lots of water and put my feet up. Friday ended with me having between 5 & 10 contractions and lots of water drinking and sitting around.


Saturday

Saturday morning we needed to get some work done at the store so Mom and I met Dave up there and hung out for a while then brought Kaiden back home for his nap and for me to get some rest too. Once Kaiden was up and we had all eaten lunch we needed to get some errands done. So while Dave's car got new tires put on we went across the street to this park - it's a crazy park - it has all these crazy maze like hills but lots of benches and paths to walk on. Kaiden and Dave had so much fun running up and down the hills and playing peek-a-boo with me the slow moving momma. I was starting to have more contractions so we decided to head back to the car and go find some ice cream - we ended up at a Chick-fil-a that had a playground so I sat in the shade with ice water and a brownie and watched Kaiden play and continue to convince Dave to shove himself up the toddler slide - it was fun. Of course they still weren't done with Dave's car so we decided to head up the street to the brand new Target - YAY it's less than 5 miles from the house I heart Target!! But since it's so close to D-Day, I had some items I needed to pick up unfortunately because it was a brand new store it was packed, and I wasn't familiar with the layout so we were not efficient to say the least - plus I was continuing to have contractions on and off so I was a wee bit distracted. The good news is we made it to pick up Dave's car and back home with no major issues. Mom had us over for a cookout which was great b/c I got to sit, rest and be waited on the whole time - gotta love moms and husbands - then we headed home. I don't think I ever had contractions closer than 20 minutes apart but I did have probably 15-20 during the day and then another 5 -8 overnight.


Sunday

Sunday my other good friend Sara, from college was in town and we were going to try and meet up for brunch, but she was in downtown Atlanta for a conference and we were going to have to go down to visit her but I was nervous about going so far from home especially since I had so many contractions the day before. Luckily she's a mom too, and has been there and totally understood - unfortunately she lives in Virginia Beach so I won't be able just to pop over to see her, but hopefully there'll be a next time. I didn't get out of my PJs until around 2:00 b/c I was on R&R orders from hubby which I have to admit felt pretty good. We did have one errand to do, stock up at Sams, but we took it nice and slow and came straight home to all take a nap and pass the rest of the day at the house. Sunday ended with me only having 2 or 3 contractions which made me feel a lot more confident that I'll be able to make it to the 17th.


This week I've pretty much resigned myself to do the absolute minimum like go to Dr.'s appointment and that's about it, I am on a mission to have a St. Patty's Baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...