Week 36

O'Yeah! 9 Months Pregnant!!

The Nest is Ready!
Well I mean I guess as much as it can be for right now. So as some of you knew we had our house on the market, we were originally going to try and purchase some land and move the retail store and warehouse to the property and then build our home there too. Then since Dave got a 'real job' we thought OK if the house sells we'll move back down toward Atlanta so he doesn't have as crazy of a commute, basically we had plans that all depended on the house selling. Well this was the last weekend before it went off the market and as you know I'm fully into the 'nesting' phase of this pregnancy. . . . SO as luck would have it we get a call on Sat. afternoon from a real estate agent who was saying "This couple is in LOVE with your house. It has everything they are looking for, your home is definitely top two on their list, blah freaking blah." OK so Dave and I decide that we'll go all out this time for the last showing - you know cleaning your house is different than cleaning your house to show. So we spent the rest of the day Sat and all morning and afternoon on Sun scouring the house! I am talking EVERY surface was, disinfected, dusted, polished, scoured, windex'ed you name it - it was done. Of course if you know us you know just how we feel about real estate agents - and this one had gone on and on about how she "wasn't one of those real estate agents" "we were going to get feedback either way" "she would call us Sun evening and let us know how things went" blah freaking blah. So we get out of the house for them to come through and go to the store to do some work and get some lunch. We hang out for just over 2 hours, because remember my gal pal said she would call us when they were done - since I had explained to her that we had a toddler who had nap time around that time. Apparently they did come through, there was a card left on the front table - but that was it, no word - still waiting!
Now don't get me wrong, this is the best outcome, could you imagine us trying to move out, and find and close on a new house then move in and be settled in less than 20 days! Yeah, us either! My annoyance is with the dumb ass agent who basically STOLE one of our last weekends and kept us from taking Kaiden to the park on Sat and it was sunny and in the 60s! ANYWAY, the good news is that my crazy neurotic impulse to clean everything has been tamed since well we did it ALL this past weekend. Kaiden's closet was finished, Pierce's closet was finished, MY closet was finished, we caught up on the laundry (a near impossible feat) the only thing left to scrub-a-dub are two cats and a dog! Oh fun!

9 Month Check Up!
YIKES can you believe I'm 9 months pregnant already!? Freaking crazy man! Anyway, so as you may remember from my last post this time I got to do the strep B test - for REAL! I had a different nurse this time, and after she took my blood pressure she said "OK go ahead and undress from the waist down" I looked up at her and just said "NO. What I need for you to do is knock on the door just before she walks in. I'm not sitting in here half naked for 20 minutes again while I wait. OK? Thanks." Poor thing, just stood there stunned for a minute - I don't think anyone had ever told her NO before. She started to stumble through how the Dr. would be right in, then I kind of cut my eyes at her and she decided that she like my idea better. Funny - how a severely pregnant woman with a toddler can get her way with "the MOM look". So we sat in there for close to 30 minutes - I had prepared a barrage of snacks for Kaiden - so we sat in the chair, he munched and we looked for "kitty cats" and "dog dogs" in the magazines. Then she knocked and said "OK Katie shes ready for you" which I actually fell for and stripped down, grabbed the juice sippy and a fruit bar to persuade him to be good while we waited. Unfortunately it was probably another 7 minutes before she made it in - let me just tell ya that if you haven't experience sitting half naked with a toddler on your ever shrinking lap 7 minutes feels like at least an hour! So she did that test, checked the measurements and we got to listen to the heartbeat again, which delights Kaiden. He can almost say "Baby Pierce" and "brother" so that is what he rambles about happily while he listens to the woosh-woosh-woosh.
After the 'in room' exam was done, I got to make my last 'donation' of blood before getting admitted - yeah that's right you get to give more blood once you get to the hospital. But if I remember right I think it's only one prick to get the catheter in there and then they just pull the remaining samples from there. So that was it - things look good, and we have to start doing weekly check ups for the next 2 weeks then it's GO TIME!!!

I'll try and get a tummy picture up so you can see what I look like 9 months pregnant with a 'Pierce Tummy' since I am carrying VERY differently than with Kaiden. And if you have the time could you say a few prayers, or keep your fingers crossed - which ever works for you - that Pierce stays right where he is until the 17th of March! I would much prefer if he doesn't come early like his brother did.

Thanks and much Love!
KK

1 comment:

  1. I love how you said it was your "last weekend"...somehow when we have that due date/delivery date looming over us there is a finite countdown in your head. It's like you are aware that your life is about to drastically change and you have to fit in everything normal while you still can! Mine was GO TO THE POOL! I went to the pool as many times as I could, because I never knew when it might be my last chance!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...