The Up's - The Down's - & The Uh-Oh's
The Up's:
Mommy & Pierce
My 32 week check up went great, I was pretty excited to learn that I had lost 3 pounds - believe me it wasn't like I was dieting - but they said as long as the baby is growing and measuring on target they don't worry too much about weight loss. Good to know!! We have officially moved back into the every two week appointment, which is fine, but not so fun with a toddler who doesn't quite appreciate prenatal care!
Pierce's Room
We finally got some of the furniture in there, the armoire (or armor-mire as the gal at BRU kept calling it) is on back order until. . . but for now, having the crib and changing dresser in there really start to make it look like a nursery and less like an empty room! I can't believe how close we are getting to the due date, it's crazy that in a month and a couple days we'll have another baby home!
Kaiden Update
Well I feel like the last few post have been about Pierce's room and not too much mention of my big boy, so I thought I would tell you just how excited Kaiden was to help Dave put together the furniture for the nursery and then what a BLAST it was to stomp around in someone else's crib! He's such a nut! 
And as if it wasn't apparent, Kaiden is definitely falling hard for his girlfriend Ashlyn! We try to get together on Fridays and take our kiddos to lunch or somewhere that they can run and play together, and since our weekly meetings we've noticed that ANY phone Kaiden can get his hands on goes straight to his ear and you hear him saying "Ashy" and then incomprehensible babble and then "Ashy" again, it's SO stinking cute!!
The Down's
Well it always shocks me to learn that my angel has contracted some kind of bug or virus since I am a stay-at-home-mom, but as my Mom pointed out to me that doesn't actually mean that we're always at home. . . . So Sunday Kaiden started vomiting and having yucky blowout diapers, not good stuff. He didn't eat much but he drank a LOT - water, juice, and fruit punch - so we figured no biggie if he doesn't eat when his stomach hurts as long as he stays hydrated. Well Monday morning I go in to get him out of the crib and was knocked out by the stench of stale vomit, and of course it was BRIGHT red, so it took a second to register that blood dries brown and fruit punch dries pinkish red. So now that I was convinced he wasn't needing an ambulance but rather a bath, we took a morning bubble bath, I washed his hair twice - unfortunately part of his hair had the yucky punch dried in it and I slathered him in smell good lotion and clean jammies.
The poor dear did NOT feel well at ALL on Monday, he spent just about the whole day curled up in my arms or sharing the chair with me. Luckily there was no more vomit, unfortunately there was quite a few more blowout diapers to come. He went through 2 onsies, and 3 outfits plus his over night jammies, before the day was through - He also got 2 full baths and one bottom wash up bath. I noticed on Monday that I wasn't feeling too well but I really just assumed it was from seeing and smelling all that was going on with Kaiden, the spot in his hair had a horrible lingering smell and it was stained fruit punch pink!
I put new sheets on his bed Monday night, but I honestly figured I would be replacing them again on Tuesday morning, so imagine my surprise when he woke up Tuesday without so much as a dirty diaper! Yay! Of course within a few minutes of eating a piece of toast, he had a blowout which warranted another bath and of course a new outfit, but that was the worst of it for Tuesday. Except for me, I wasn't feeling well at all! We had to run some errands so I strapped Kaiden in his car seat and gave him some snacks and a dvd to watch. I didn't feel well when we left, so I had brought some water to try and help settle my stomach - we made it back home just in time for me to grab a bucket and have projectile vomit! GREAT! What could be better than having the stomach bug 8 months pregnant while having to change overflowing poopy diapers!?
The Uh-Oh's:
I may have done a segment like this before but my alternate title would be "Mommy Needs a Time Out!" Melissa and I had met on Friday for lunch at Sweet Tomatoes (oh yummy broccoli salad!) but since it wasn't a place for the kiddos to enjoy we decided once we made it into the mall we would stop by the little kid play place before we started our shopping. It was fun! Kaiden and Ashlyn are both very confident players. They go do what they want, and the make sure to check to see if we're watching before they do cool things like the slide or jump, we were having a good time. But as we all know good things come to an end!
So at the entrance to this play place there is a fire man and he says ALL kiddos have to be below his extended hand - I would say it probably means kids 3 and under can play in there. And that although you can have fun there shouldn't be any running or rough housing. So you can imagine my surprise when not only are there 5 & 6 year olds tackling each other and "pantsing" other kids - yes they were taking other little boys pants and running around with them. And as they were sprinting through the play stations they were knocking into the toddlers, knocking them down, or pushing them off slides before they were ready to go. I KNOW - I was getting just a little ticked off! Then to my surprise a Mom comes over with 4 kids, one of which was probably the right age to play and the other 3 were close to 7, 9 & 10 - these kids were climbing on top of the play stations and jumping from one to another while the little toddlers are on there!
I am a former teacher - that means I am one who appreciates and respects the rules (almost all the time) and I am also not afraid to discipline another persons child - although I try to refrain - when a 5 or 6 year old comes down the slide and kicks my Kaiden in the face and then Kaiden tells the boy "no no no" and that kid slaps Kaiden - ALL BETS ARE OFF!!! You can kick my butt but mess with my kiddo and I turn lethal!!! I looked around desperately to find parents to tell them how inappropriate their 'angels' were acting and when I couldn't find the appropriate moms associated with the kids, I figured the 2nd best option was just to leave. I found Mel and gave her the 'OMG eyes' and she nodded knowingly and just like that we scooped up our kiddos and high tailed it out of there before I got into it. Let me just say that one of the parents of the worst offensive kids, was across the breezeway enjoying a pretzel and fruit smoothie - NICE!
I have so much to say! First, Kaiden looks too cute in the second picture of Pierce's crib, I love that little face! Second, YAY!!! Only one more month to go and you get to meet Pierce! Third, That is so stinky that you and Kaiden got sick, throwing up when you are into the third trimester hurts! Fourth, I am so proud of you for not hitting the other little "big" kids, though I think I would have had to yell at someone!
ReplyDelete