Kaiden's first plane ride
What an angel, he fell asleep on our taxi to the runway and woke up just as we were pulling in to our gate. See the sleepy eyes in the first picture and the WIDE awake eyes in the second one!
We Arrived!
Sweet Little Lexi loved Kaiden so much! Besides being the most mature 3 year old anyone has ever met, she was head over heels for Kaiden! She would help me with diaper changes, suggest that maybe I try feeding Kaiden when he fussed, and she told me very matter of factly "Kaiden Loves your Boobies!" and that probably once I got done feeding him on one side, that after burping him I should probably switch to the other side because he would still be a little bit hungry. I love that Lexi! Her sisters are pretty great too, but I think since both of them have already been big sisters, they weren't as impressed with Kaiden as she was!
We hadn't been in Gretchen's house more than a minute when Lexi asked if I would lay the baby on the floor so she could sit with him. Look at the two of them together - isn't that just the sweetest picture you have ever seen!? She wanted to make sure that Kaiden was comfortable so she insisted that her mommy set up a pack and play for him!
Can WE HOLD HIM Please?!?!
After a while the girlies all wanted to hold Kaiden and how could you ever say no to these sweet little (and polite - I'll add) angels? So first we have Maddie, she is the big sister twice over, and an expert in baby holding, just look at her cool confidence:
Up next is Adorable Emma, she is certainly a pro at this baby holding stuff too. She told us she didn't need any help and that she knew how to hold him - and SHE DID! Look at her hugging on to Kaiden and that cute little smirk that says "see I told you I could do it!" You Go Girl!
And never one to back down from a challenge, Sweet Lexi - if her sisters could do it then she could too! Not only does Lexi do a good job holding the baby but she also knows how to tilt her head just so to get the best angel for an adorable picture!
I know technically they're like 2nd cousins or some kind of distant title like that but Kaiden loved EVERY Minute with his "counsins"!! By the way - Good Luck Valentines because you have THREE future heart breakers on your hands, I mean seriously would you look at how cute those girlies are. Of course we did hear Eric's plan for the girls future which I think involved them going on their first date on their 30th birthday! Let me know how that works for ya! :o)
Time for some Testosterone!
So Daddy did pretty good with us being gone for 5 days, but his only request was that for a few minutes each day Kaiden would get pulled out of the estrogen fest and given a little exposure to some guy time! Luckily his "Uncle" Eric was all too happy to have a buddy to watch sports with! Men!
The Fam:
We were SO spoiled on our trip up to the Valentine's that we really didn't want to come home! Besides having the girlies to entertain Kaiden - he loved watching them play and getting to hear their voices - we also got to have a quiet cup of coffee every morning and nice adult conversation - which all you mom's out there know is a HUGE deal!
Kaiden's "Firsts" for the month of February:
So besides his airplane ride, he also experienced:
- his first Valentine's Day
- his first trip to an Aquarium - of course he slept through it, but the girls had a great time!
- his first bowl of soupy rice cereal
- AND a MOMMY First - I Realized that from here on out I would be known as "Kaiden's Mom"
One of the last days on our trip up north Lexi had dance practice and for a brief moment Gretch, Mom and I thought - while Lexi is at dance we'll get our nails done. . . . So that day Lexi asked if "Aunt Jan, Kaiden and Kaiden's Mom" were going to come with her (Gretch) to watch Lexi's dance class. Gretch looked up with her smirk on her face and said It Starts! You will forever be known as Kaiden's mom no matter how many kids you have. . . It was too cute!
Thanks Again Valentine Family!! We had a Blast!
Love Ya
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment