Kaiden's 4 Month Check-Up
So more than a little time has passed, and I still have yet to update pictures, time seems to go faster and faster each day, but since I missed posting during the WHOLE month of December, I HAD to try and get a post in for January - nothing like waiting till the VERY last minute!
THE UPDATE:
OK so for Kaiden's 4 month birthday he got - SICK! Poor little guy! We all came down with the same thing and then because Dave & I are such nice and loving people, we passed it on to everyone else we knew! Kaiden had Bronchiolitis and an ear infection, we had to treat the Bronchiolitis with nebulizer treatments, and he looks SO freaking cute with that mask over his face! He is such a cool kid, nothing freaks him out, so he never got upset about having the mask put over his face, he just thought it was a fun game - he would try to "eat" the steam. And he loved to hold on to the mask himself, just look what fun he had with it:
THE CHECK-UP:
The rest of Kaiden's 4 month check up went really well, by the time we went in for his actual check up 5 days later, he was mostly recovered from his illness, and ready to show off for the Dr. As we've seen since about 3 months, Kaiden LOVES to stand up, so he did most of his check up standing for the dr, I hold his hands of course, but then she asked me if Kaiden was doing OK rolling over from his side to his back, and I said "oh, I think. I don't usually start him on his side." Then we put Kaiden on his tummy so the Dr. could watch and Kaiden fipped right over to his back - he did it so fast he startled himself - I love it when he does that b/c his arms shoot straight out to the side! What a nut! So the Dr. said he was good to go, Kaiden told her thank you although it sound more like "bbuulllrrgggghtrr" with a little drool mixed in! Then he got his shots!
THE SHOTS:
The good thing is they send in two nurses to do the shots in each leg at the same time to minimize the drama, so he was laying on his back and he was ALL SMILES then the first round went in and he stopped smiling, then it was about a 5 second delay and his bottom lip pouted out, and then it was the screams!!! He is pretty good about not getting too worked up, I just gave him his paci and hugged him and he stopped crying in just a few seconds, then by the time we were in the car ready to go home, he was back to himself - all smiles and giggles!
NEWBIES:
So Kaidens new things that he does this month:
- He lifts his legs up for me during diaper change
- He LOVES to jump & bounce!
- He rubs his eyes when he is tired or waking up - it's SO cute
- He kicks and splashes like crazy in the BIG boy part of his tub
- He is in love with the kitties he smiles so big when they come around and he likes to hold his hand out for them to love on.
- He can reach for and grab what he wants and 7 times out of 10 he can get it in his mouth!
- AND he can finally reach for and activate the buggies on his exersaucer - he really enjoys that!
- His 1st Hair cut - Of course he gave it to himself, but it is SO cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment