Week 29

Happy Birthday to Me!

So anyone who knows me at all knows that I am a little bit of a Birthday-oholic, so what a great birthday gift it was for me to be pregnant with our first born! And not to mention that I am a little obsessed with my birthday dates, I LOVE odd numbers, especially 7 & 13 and it was the triple threat or should I say TREAT because this year my birthday fell on a FRIDAY!!! I know I am a freak, but it was great! The four of us, Mom, Chad, Dave and myself, went to this great little restaurant that had this music impersonator, he was fantastic! And even though I couldn't enjoy a mojito, my summer drink of choice, they more than made up for it with their molten chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream! I am drooling just remembering how good it was! HEY - don't pass judgement- it was my birthday AND I had passed my glucose test!!

Holy Pelvic Pain Batman!!

So I guess this is what they mean when they say the baby starts dropping. . . . yikes! According to the book and my midwife Kaiden is somewhere between 2.5 and 3 pounds and 15.5 to 17 inches long add to that my short torso and there is not much room left. Anyway in the last 2 or 3 days I can definitely feel my pelvis and hips beginning to 'open' for the eventual birth.

It's funny because before I was pregnant I would ask my friends what their plans were for birthing, etc. . . and all of them would answer that they would cross that bridge when they got there. This seemed so odd at the time, but now I completely understand! There is SO MUCH ELSE to worry and think about between now and then that the 'ending' sort of gets moved to the back of your mind!

OK enough rambling for one night, I have to try and get all my updates in when I can since we are smack in the middle of busy season at work! Of course my husband reassures me that my light at the end of the tunnel will be when the baby gets here. . . . . . I think he may be confused about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...