We got a message from the inside and the message was. . . . . . .

Which is exactly what I thought they were going to say! In fact everyone who knew I was pregnant was saying I was having a boy, so either way it was GREAT to get confirmation! And what a fun experience that ultra sound was! We peaked in on him and he was napping and not being very cooperative, then they let me go to the bathroom - Thank God, those 32oz make it hard to concentrate when they are pushing the ultra sound wand around on your belly! And when I got back on the table he was sprawled out and ready to show the world!
But first he wanted to be Oh so cute. . . He was sucking his thumb and then he took his thumb out and either yawned or swallowed and then he went back to sucking his thumb - that will be a fun habit to break!
On to the Good Stuff. . . . . . Pictures!
I am sure he will LOVE this later in life, but here is his "I'm a Boy" pose!
Yes I realize this is probably not the most flattering of pictures to have passed around, but everyone does it. . . . . . just the reasoning I will be telling him is NOT a reason to do something. I better start working on that whole parenting thing huh!?
Of course when Dave saw this image he yells out "He is hung like his Daddy!" You gotta love that!
Now on to the cutie pie picture! This is just after he took his thumb out of his mouth and his mouth was just opening, he is such a looker already!!!
There he is our sweet little Kaiden!
Part of the reason "I knew" he was a boy was after the miscarriage of the twin and I was given a 50/50 chance of keeping or losing the remaining twin I started thinking about the names we had picked out. And although I have changed the spelling slightly the name is a Celtic and it means "Fiery" and "a fighter/strong willed" and I figured well since this baby is sticking around against the odds, it HAS to be my Kaiden, and I was right!!
And how about the Mom. . . . .
I am doing well! I am definitely growing on a daily basis, which is both fun and crazy! And for the most part my emotions have been under control - although I will admit there have been a few nights that I have been crying over my scrambled eggs (my new favorite meal!). But that COULD be the hormones from the pregnancy or it COULD be the 16 hour days we have been working for the past 6 weeks! But either way the teary days are thankfully few and far between!
So here are the obligatory belly shots! And just to preface them please keep in mind these two things 1. ALL women carry their babies differently and 2. I am short and have a short torso so where else is the baby going to go!? Yes I realize that might sound defensive but WOW some people can be SO RUDE!!!!Here is the side view:
I was told that it was easy to tell I was pregnant with a boy because I was carrying low.
I guess I can see it.
Yes those are nice big blue veins you can begin to see under my skin. But I guess blue veins are a sign of a healthy pregnancy!!!
And the front view shot:
Well there ya go! That is what the front of a pregnant Katie looks like!
I am in awe every day of the human body and all the changes it can go through to create another human being! Blame it on the Biologist in me, but this is SO COOL on so many levels!!!
And just a side note for anyone who EVER encounters a pregnant women. . . . . . Try and remember what YOUR mother tried to teach you once upon a time. . . . IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL!
And while I am at it, I feel it is MY duty to point out the difference between a COMMENT and a COMPLIMENT!! YES these are VERY different indeed!:
COMMENT: "You are so BIG"
COMPLIMENT: "You have the cutest little baby bump!"
IF YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE PLEASE REFER TO THE ABOVE ABOUT NOT SAYING ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!
Hope everyone is doing well and I would love to hear from ya!Katie
Hey Katie!
ReplyDeleteYou look great!! I hope all is well and you are getting some rest. I miss your crazy sense of humor, but I guess I will survive. Tell Dave he deserves all the credit for getting that baby "well hung".
Take care!