After a shower & a shopping trip it's starting to look like a baby's room!
The Shower. . . . .
Week 22 was also the last week of school, oh how sad. . . . . . But my friends there threw me an early shower and going away party, unfortunately in our zest to only have one day left to work, no one remembered to bring a camera. It was a wonderful time, I had a beautiful "blue bootie" cake, I wish I had gotten at least a picture of that - it was so cute! We got so many nice things for Kaiden, my friends are so gracious!
One of my favorite things from the shower is my baby sock corsage. One of the ladies at work makes these for all the mother's to be, and I just think it is the cutest thing! It is a pair of baby blue socks folded to look like roses and then decorated to make a whole corsage!
Isn't that just too cute?!
I wasn't exactly sure where to start so I put all the gifts we got from my school shower in the closet, it is so exciting to have things in the room now! We have a good start for Kaiden's library, and for his wardrobe! Not to mention he now has a whole
assortment of what his dad likes to refer to as "chew toys"! Dave, you gotta love him, anyone who knows him knows it is no surprise that he would compare our son's toys to our dog's!
Baby stuff is SO COOL! My friend gave us the rain forest bouncer and crib soother, Dave and I have had so much fun playing with the night-time crib toy! Seriously it is so neat! It makes jungle/nature noises, plays classical music and the monkey swings and the fish swim, even Flik our kitty loves it!
Now I know it is nothing new for the mom to be really excited about everything going on, and all the little outfits, and toys, etc. . . . But there was one gift from the shower which is Dave's absolute favorite! And why you may ask, well because it is true! Just look at the picture, you'll get what I mean!
The Shopping Trip. . . .
So after learning the sex of the baby Dave, Mom & I went on our first of many -I am sure- shopping sprees! We had too much fun, especially since all of the fall and winter baby clothes were on sale at huge discounts! And WHO doesn't love saving money? So now we actually have fun baby clothes hanging in Kaiden's closet, which I have been caught a few times sitting on the floor looking at the outfits over and over - I can't help myself they are just too cute!
OK well enough pictures of clothes for now, it won't be long before they will be filled with a baby! Then the real fun begins!
Hope everyone is doing well and as always I would love to hear from you! Take care.
KK
No comments:
Post a Comment