Yikes, That Took Long Enough!
Sometimes it takes a while to finish a project around here, we go gangbusters on it get 90 or 95% complete then. . . . life happens and before you know it the baby you were preparing the nursery for is 17 months old already!!!
Better Late Than Never!
Oh man, I forgot just how much I LOVED this quilt!! It's SO cute and of course where I got the inspiration to do the argyle pattern on the other wall but you know when it's folded in the closet for over a year it's easy to forget the cuteness that is this quilt!!
So like I said these were just the finishing touches on Pierce's room, but they made a HUGE impact on the overall 'warmth' of the room! I'm SO happy they are up and of course, I'm wishing we had gotten to this project sooner!
We hung up the shelf, which I originally thought I would use as a way to hang the diaper stacker, but since we're well past that stage it worked perfectly as a way to display some gifts we've gotten from friends and family.
A closer look of the shelf and all the goodies it holds! I realize that there are quite a few crosses, but it makes me happy ~ cause as we know this kid is BLESSED!! But I also LOVE each cross & couldn't NOT put them up!
The top shelf holds special crosses from Aunt Sashi ~ she loved it cause it looked like an Irish/St. Patty's inspired cross! And Aunt Mel/GodMomma gave Pierce the silver one which has his Christening date & his name engraved on it and an adorable polka dot piggy bank from Grammy. Then hanging down off the pegs is yet another special cross with a blessing written on it from a very special friend, Beckie!
And the beautiful birth announcement plate that Gramma Mary got us, it's SO beautiful, plus all the little details on the plate (which I realize may be hard to see online) give every birth detail: date, weight, name even the grandfather clock in the picture tells his birth time - how cool is that?!!?
And last but not least ~ yet one more cross from Grampa Dave, this is a Celtic Cross with St. Patrick himself in the middle and the last of the banner/curtain lining the door to the bathroom ~ see what I mean it's much warmer, well I'm sure some of the coziness gets lost in the translation of photos, but you know what I mean!
On To The Next One!!
I figure while I'm knocking out items on the 'To-Do' list I may as well add one more to the list. . . .. The boys bathroom! I came across this adorable set on Kohls.com and it just seemed like a perfect fit for their bathroom so here's the start. . . .
Pierce's Sink
Obviously this is just the beginning of the project. . . but I learned that bathrooms are MUCH more difficult to photograph than I thought! Back to the project. . . . we have it in our plans today to head to Home Depot to get some towel bars and hooks so we can hang up all the cutesy hand towels and coordinating bath towels that go with this set and I have BIG plans to paint some of the characters from the shower curtain on the walls in the different rooms but I'm not 100% sure what color I want for the back ground &/or exactly how I want to lay the scene, so I need a little time to let it all sink in (ha get it SINK - Pirate ship. . . OK back at it). But I will update as I go, hopefully it's not another 18 months before I finish this project! ;o)
I am so proud of you for finishing your projects! They look great!
ReplyDelete