Cupid Is My Homeboy!
One Sweet Day
So I would guess, hands down Halloween is the biggest 'candy' holiday but I have to think that Valentine's Day would have to be the Silver Medalist! There is friggin EVERY kind of candy you can imagine that is marketed just for this special sweet day - and in case you missed them - YES there was a whole 1lb bag of just green M&Ms, apparently the rumor is the green color acts as an aphrodisiac. . . . I was just thinking 'SCORE, I'll pick those up at 75% off & save them for my St. Patty's Day B-day party!' Back to the V-Day. . . .
Sunday's are tennis day around here, and since both Dave & I are on a mixed doubles team the scheduling can be a little complicated because we also have two lovely children to care for. But since this particular weekend also happened to be the start of Cherokee Co.s mid-winter break Dave's team played their match earlier in the week so people could travel. Which meant come Sunday I would be the only one playing tennis and since both of our teams were in the running to win the division, it was kind of a big match. Now don't get me wrong I am having a blasty blast playing tennis & I really love my team, but I'm don't go nuts over it (or much of anything these days) and since our weekend schedules are usually jammed full I don't usually get to go early or stay late to watch the other lines play. But since this was a special day I got to go do the tennis thang for like 5 hours!! While on that tennis note - I had been assigned a 'side dish' as my what to bring - and I didn't want to make another trip to Kroger so luckily I had the stuff in the pantry to make my Mexicorn Macaroni, and since it's a hot dish I brought my crock-pot up there - boy did that ever give Dave a good laugh. Oh well the people enjoying my hot dish on that pretty cold day enjoyed it!
OK - so the first 3 lines won & it was my turn to get out on the courts, well done team. And I had sent Dave a text message telling him we were starting so that he could head up with the boys, well they were still napping & my partner & I were winning pretty fast. So about an hour later when Dave and the boys finally made it up to the courts we were up 6-2 in the 2nd set & the score was 40-love us - basically we needed one more point to win & end the match - in pulls FOXY (my Mom'mobile). So Dave unloads Pierce who is all bundled up & snug warm then here comes Kaiden in short sleeves - REALLY Dad?! Whoops I missed the ball, because I was much more concerned with why my two year old is friggin naked & the rest of the world is in their parkas!? OK get it together the serve is coming to me, I return serve then see that Kaiden is handing Dave my C.O. Bigelow cinnamon lip gloss & Dave is just opening it & handing it back to him - whoops there goes another shot RIGHT past my head - I laughed & looked back at Jim & said 'sorry I'll pull it together then I'll go be Mom'. We put away the next shot ending the match & I walk towards Dave handing him my fleece & said 'put this on Kaiden, did you forget his jacket?' Of course the typical Dad response, he says"no, I asked him if he wanted to wear his jacket and he said NO" REALLY?! Really, oh OK, wait REALLY - you asked our 2 year old if he wanted to wear his jacket & because he said no that is that - REALLY!!?! I'm guessing it is some weakness linked to that darned 'Y' chromosome - but I know for a FACT that you can ask Kaiden just about anything & his immediate response is going to be 'no' - which would be why Mom's DON'T ask we tell them & take away privileges when they don't act fast enough - I mean just this weekend Kaiden had a stinky diaper - potty training is one step forward & 15 steps back - anywho when he walked past me & I got a whiff I said yikes we need to change you & guess what his response was "no, I don't need a diaper change. I'm OK for now" - SHOCKER!! And can I just add that as Dave & I were discussing Kaiden's jacket or lack thereof, the poor boy is shivering - needless to say he had on his fleece in record time after that.
Our Valentine's Night
Well remember we have two kids so this isn't going to be some romantic romp, in fact the way it worked out was since I had gotten to do tennis for the better part of the afternoon & in to the evening, when I got home Dave wanted to go to the gym. So I got Pierce fed & in his jammies & he was in bed by 7, it had been a big day for him. Then Kaiden and I had some of the leftover macaroni & then we set the table for our Valentine's dessert so that when Dave got home from the gym he could eat his dinner then we could jump into our table of sweets.
Both Granparents had sent/brought over gifts for the boys & Valentine's cards & we had made Valentine's cards for everyone in our family & then the centerpiece was our dipping goodies. A few years back when Kaiden was just months old we went to visit my cousin Gretchen the day after Valentine's day - and she introduced me to the melt in carton chocolate fondue that is oh so yummy, and we had gotten strawberries, marshmallows & pretzel sticks to dip - it was the perfect way to end our sweet day.
Of course if you are wondering what sweet treat the hubs got for me, well. . . I'll let you know as soon as I know! Don't get me wrong I really don't put much merit in this holiday, I mean it's fun to do the little valentine's with the kids, and the candy is cute - but they jack up the prices of flowers & candy SO friggin high. Not to mention NO ONE needs that much candy - you'd have to be at the gym already an hour into a treadmill marathon to even think about eating that stuff. And I've never really been a fan of clutter crap - it's cute but let's leave it at the store. My gift to Dave was a picture frame - which was empty because I couldn't find where I had put the envelope with the pictures I had printed out for it, and a bag of strawberry twizzlers because originally we were going to make the night a RedBox movie night. Really, with me it is just the thought that counts - Dave likes to use the "well I've gotten you a house, and a car, and two beautiful boys and we'll go on vacation soon. . . . ." or his other fall back is "I don't see why we need to waste money on one day when we just live it everyday!" Yeah, that only works ONE time for each excuse, needless to say since we are rounding the corner on our 11th year together - there are quite a few Valentine's, Anniversary's, Birthday & even Christmas presents that have been repeats, threepeats, quadpeats. . . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment