Georgia's Snow Day - Part II!
Big, Fluffy, Fun Snow -
It was very early Saturday Morning when Kaiden and I went out on our upstairs front porch to get a look at just how much snow had fallen overnight. It was so cute because as soon as we stepped out there and I shut the door Kaiden said "Oh, it snowed and it's a wonderland" I was FLOORED!! I quickly switched the camera from still mode to video mode but of course he wouldn't repeat it. Since we were still in jammies, it only took a minute for us to get pretty cold so he asked to go back inside. We walked down to the kitchen and I said Dave you'll never guess what Kaiden said about all the snow, and that was when he told me that he had said it to Kaiden just a few minutes earlier when they were looking out the window. OK so he's not a lexicon genius like I first thought, but still impressed that a 2 year old knew how to appropriately use that word with the correct inflection. . . . Like usual I got off track - so here are a few shots from upstairs just before the sun broke over the trees, LOVE how still and calm the world seems in the pictures.
So while I was out back shooting the sunrise I could hear a LOT of rustling in the trees behind me, and as you may be able to see in the pictures our bird feeder is EMPTY and I think the birds were staging a protest - as long as it doesn't resemble Alfred Hitchcock's I'm cool with it!
We had to go back upstairs to get everyone's cold weather gear ready so I stepped back on the porch to get a picture looking up towards the clubhouse. Snow sure does make everything look so gorgeous!!
The Boys. . .
Isn't it always about the kids? Darned Right! Kaiden LOVES the snow, in fact that may be an understatement - actually I can't think of any phrase that would accurately express just how much he is crazy over the snow!! The only thing with Kaiden is he doesn't love to get his hands dirty or wet - smart kid - so if he falls we have to help him to wipe off his gloves (yes, it bothers him just to know there is snow or dirt on his gloves) but other than that the kid is good to go all day out in the snow! Pierce on the other hand ~ not as big of a fan ~ yet! Plus it is a lot harder to enjoy the snow when you're all bundled up to the point of hardly moving ~ think 'Christmas Story' I CAN'T PUT MY ARMS DOWN! I mean honestly, this boy has just mastered crawling & pulling to stand in footed jammies, how in the world is he going to do anything but tip over with the extra 5 pounds of jacket, hat, mittens, etc. . . . Not to mention holding a 20+ pound baby in said clothing isn't really my idea of a good time either. So we put the foot gate in the cozy coupe & let him cruise around in that for a while. He was digging it -of course until too many snowflakes began clumping on his eyelashes. Yes! Apparently this is a problem for some people - NOT me of course, but that is another story. . .
Isn't it always about the kids? Darned Right! Kaiden LOVES the snow, in fact that may be an understatement - actually I can't think of any phrase that would accurately express just how much he is crazy over the snow!! The only thing with Kaiden is he doesn't love to get his hands dirty or wet - smart kid - so if he falls we have to help him to wipe off his gloves (yes, it bothers him just to know there is snow or dirt on his gloves) but other than that the kid is good to go all day out in the snow! Pierce on the other hand ~ not as big of a fan ~ yet! Plus it is a lot harder to enjoy the snow when you're all bundled up to the point of hardly moving ~ think 'Christmas Story' I CAN'T PUT MY ARMS DOWN! I mean honestly, this boy has just mastered crawling & pulling to stand in footed jammies, how in the world is he going to do anything but tip over with the extra 5 pounds of jacket, hat, mittens, etc. . . . Not to mention holding a 20+ pound baby in said clothing isn't really my idea of a good time either. So we put the foot gate in the cozy coupe & let him cruise around in that for a while. He was digging it -of course until too many snowflakes began clumping on his eyelashes. Yes! Apparently this is a problem for some people - NOT me of course, but that is another story. . .
Here's my Cool Cruiser - I have to admit he does looks pretty cozy in that coupe!
Talk about being a kid at heart, this dog turns into a puppy when it snows!! He LOVES the snow too!! He frolics, sprints, jumps, rolls - you name it he does it! Of course he also slips, skates & 'Bambi's It' (you know all four legs in different directions on the ice), which freaks me out since he is ten years old & I DO NOT want him to get hurt - although luckily he was just sore, nothing a little enteric aspirin couldn't take care of!!
Hanging By The TreeAll-in-all, it was another GREAT snow day!! With all of the bright sun throughout the day there wasn't too much of the fluffy stuff left by the end of the day, but Kaiden still wanted to take one more walk and I was ALL too happy to oblige. Kaiden, Trooper and I set off for one last adventure walk across the street, through the 'echo tunnel' - also know as the cart tunnel for the golfers, but I wouldn't want Kaiden to think that isn't there just for him to yell ECHO into! Up the cart path we walked, around a few bends, laughed as trooper chased a few squirrels - since the movie of the week had been 'UP' - we got a good chuckle out of Trooper doing his 'Doug' impression. Then Dave stepped out on the porch and hollered for us to let us know dinner was ready and Kaiden, Troops and I headed home to end the perfect day. I thoroughly loved our second snow day but I have to admit I am all too excited for Spring to make it's presence known and to have some new adventures with a new season!!
No comments:
Post a Comment