A Quick Update

I Know, I Know. . . .


I'm WAY Behind On Blogging - Here's A Recap:


I know it is the lamest excuse that EVER existed but I've been busy! Of course probably not as busy as I seem at the time but with Pierce in full on crawl mode & Kaiden who is convinced he is the King of this castle I do not get much face time with my lappy!

Pierce Is CRAWLING!

So did you pick that up in the intro? Yup Pierce is full on, hands and kne
es crawling after EVERYTHING. He mastered this last Thursday (which is in a soon to be posted post) but the funny part is we have several of those 'encourage crawling' toys. You know they rock and roll and light up and play music & he giggles at them but wasn't really inspired by them, but sure enough Flik drops this blue sparkly cat ball with a bell inside and dude gets up on all fours and takes off after it without even thinking! It's awesome that he is crawling - although my life just got ten times crazier - it is a good thing!

Although being a boy & a Kirk - he wasn't satisfied with crawling for long! As I said he mastered crawling on Thursday by Sunday night he had moved on to putting his feet & hands flat on the floor - in a 'downward facing dog' pose and he tries to walk his hands back towards his feet to stand up. He's getting close although thankfully right now he just falls on his
touche and tries again - of course not without letting out a few howls of frustration. It's only natural that his next progression is pulling to stand - which he does every time you get close to him. He doesn't feel comfortable using objects yet to pull up on, but your hands, knees, legs anything human (or canine) and he is trying to elevate!

One last accomplishment for Pierce - he has mastered the sign for "more".
Of course everyone's motivation is different Kaiden mastered this sign while watching 'Gumi Bear' videos on YouTube, Pierce on the other hand was motivated by slices of fresh pear & bananas! The other really cool thing is if you put said pieces of fruit on a toddler fork and hand it to him, Pierce can accurately guide that fork into his mouth and chomp down - of course you need to pull it back out and reload it. I was really impressed by this! Again Dave dismisses it as "Pierce will do ANYTHING for food" - but I digress!

Kaiden Is . . . Well, KAIDEN!!
Where do you even start with this kiddo? Well as I type this he comes scooting in the room on his Mickey Plane completely naked with a HUGE smile on his face! That's as good a place as any to start! :o) Again I don't know if it's a boy thing, a toddler thing or a Kirk thing but this kid is OBSESSED with Naked Time!! At least three times a day there is a buck naked Kaiden running sprints through this house. I'm not sure when it happened but he has mastered undressing himself - zipper jammies, pants, diapers, socks & shoes - none of them can hold him back! Shirts on the other hand are a little tougher, he usually gets them right up around his head then squels like a stuck pig that he's "STUCK". Back to the motivation thing, we are using 'Naked Time' as his motivation to go on the potty. Because he will come to me in full seriousness and say "Hey Mom, I really need to be naked right now." It's friggin hilarious & I figured why not try and make it work for us!

Another of Kaiden's daily needs includes dancing - we listen to a LOT of music in this house - those of you who aren't home during the day, there is NOTHING worth watching once his morning shows are over & even then all those high pitch 'happy voices' can begin grating on your nerves. So our solution is to listen to music! Now this may be where I am failing as a Mom, but my kids prefer top 20 hits to nursery rhymes and 'the wheels on the bus'. Which is quite comical because one of the Mom's that came to the Christmas party in Kaiden's class - saw her son looking at a playskool bus & doing the round & round with his hands - & to his delight she went over and started singing 'wheels on the bus' for him. At which point my child looks at me and says "Oooh the bus, it's gonna go pick up all those kids & they gonna have a good day at school" - in no way was I upset about hi association with the bus but it made me laugh cause as soon as we got in the car to go home he hears the first few beats ' duh duh duh duh duh duh duh wooooo hooo' & he yells out "Ooooh Mom Party Everyday Song is on - which is what he calls the B.E.P. 'I Gotta Feeling' ! Ha Such is life!You would think he was a new addition to the family if you see the way Kaiden goes crazy over him - but Trooper is Kaiden's new favorite toy! I haven't yet decided if this is to the delight or dismay of the dog - but I am so happy that it has finally come that they are Best Friends! They play chase and 'tug o'war' which usually ends up as pull Kaiden around the floor on his back, still fun for all! And recently Kaiden has discovered Troopers 'nummy nummies' - in our house treats are called nummies, and on Christmas Day Kaiden fed almost the whole bag of beggin strips to Trooper, seems harmless enough until the next day - P. U.!!! Anyway chalk it up to a ROOKIE mistake, or being distracted, but while I fed Pierce his dinner last night Kaiden asked for two nummies for Troops - I was all too happy to let him have a distraction while I finished up. So off he goes, he asked to go upstairs to the playroom & again, all too happy to let him. It wasn't more than ten minutes later when I realized Trooper was barking like a mad man (which I knew meant Kaiden had hid the treat) and that Kaiden was laughing wildly. They were up to something!

I got Pierce cleaned up and we headed off in search of the awesome twosome, sure enough they were in my bathroom which is an extension of his playroom, Kaiden is sitting down in our big Jacuzzi tub (don't worry it was empty) with a GIANT smile. Trooper is standing outside the tub barking like crazy & it hits me something smells wonderful!! That's not right! I get closer to the tub look down in and discover an entire container of my warm sugar vanilla bath salts has been dumped in the tub - yay for me - I can't be mad at Kaiden it was my fault for letting him play without me up there! Then I say 'OK Kaiden, no more play time right now. Give Troops his treat so he stops barking & let's get Pierce ready for bed." He so sweetly responds "I can't give it to him Mommy because it's stuck" . . . . . . . . YUP - that's right he had hidden Trooper's treat INSIDE one of the jets in the tub! Again YAY me! I am the one who taught Kaiden to hide Trooper's treats because he has fun finding them, I just obviously didn't give specific enough instructions on where to and NOT TO hide the treats! Lesson learned or more like reinforced - QUIET TODDLER = UP TO NO GOOD!

Coming Soon
So like I said we've been busy and as you may know this weekend is going to be a very special one for us as Pierce is being Baptized on Sunday!! I am SO excited for this, our sweet little P has been through so much and we know that God & his angels have been with him through it all and know he gets to be Baptized with our best friends as his Godparents - it's going to be GREAT!!

Also I have some ADORABLE videos I am working on getting up here - the deal with those are that it takes a LONG time to convert them to MP3's and then to upload them to blogger - ugh but I am hoping Sunday night to get some uninterrupted time with the lappy & camera. Because lets face it blogging is FUN but being 25 posts behind in blogging is STRESS inducing! Yup that means I have 25 posts I have started but not yet published ♦ seriously what Mom do you know that needs any extra help in the stress department?!

2 comments:

  1. OK - Admittedly it's been a while since I posted - somehow I linked text about Pierce to photos of him - NO idea how that happened. And for some reason I ALWAYS have a paragraph or a sentence in white text that no matter how many times I try to fix it - stay white! Oh well it is what it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey--i'm glad i'm not the only one who can't figure it all out! i look at other people's blogs and I'm in awe over the professionalism of it all!! I'm lucky to have the patience to add pictures (that's an all day affair!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...