MERRY CHRISTMAS 2009!!

Who doesn't LOVE Christmas?! Don't answer that, I think I'd rather NOT know, ignorance is bliss! Really though, how could you not love your house all lit up with the soft glow of Christmas lights, and decorated to look ~ oh so festive~ and to top it off bunches of Christmas cards with the smiling faces of family and friends hung everywhere, you can almost hear the familiar Christmas carols and smell the hot chocolate from here!!!

Quick Tour Of Lights
So apparently I failed to take any pictures of the outside of the house ~ I'll have to check video to confirm that ~ but I keep it kind of basic with a large oversized wreath with white lights on the center of the top balcony and then two smaller white light wreath to the left of the larger wreath.
Inside the house is slightly more colorful with all the decorations and the green garland and red lights on ALL the banisters ~ after taking sudafed while drinking coffee I had a boost of energy and went nuts with the upstairs decorations, which apparently I also forgot to take photos of, although you can kind of see the catwalks decorations in one of the photos below. But I must say after all the time spent on them, it turned out GREAT!
The front entrance:
The other side of the stairs & the catwalk
The downstairs and the butler's pantry:
The TREE!!
The mantle:

The Goodies!

This was a very exciting year since Kaiden was very in to all things Santa and Christmas for a while leading up to the 'big day'. And as I posted before Kaiden and his Daddy wrote a letter to Santa to ask for a train set, and through books and shows he learned that he should leave out some cookies and milk for Santa ~ which Kaiden chose a mommy, daddy & two little boy gingerbread cookies to put on the plate ~ so cute!! And he was SO excited to find the next morning that Santa had enjoyed his cookies and had taken the time to leave him a note on a special Mickey board, 'how did he know that Kaiden is crazy for Mickey?'

Then I'll have to add the video of the unveiling of his big train table set, but it was too cute & a HUGE hit!! Kaiden was slightly afraid to come around the corner to see his big present because he thought Santa was going to jump out at him with it. So for a few moments we had to convince him Santa was no longer at our house but once Daddy decided to 'race him' down the hall Kaiden took off & made it just a couple steps passed the table then stopped with eyes wide staring at it ~ it's classic I will upload soon. . . . But here is a photo of just how Santa left it:
And of course where would Santa be without his little helpers!? Pierce all decked out in one of Kaiden's new hand-me-downs that his Great Judy Gram had bought for him when he was little, really little!! This is a 3-6 month boutique outfit, they usually run a little large, and Judy had bought it for us on our first trip down to Florida when Kaiden was only three months old, and he was way too small for this outfit. So Judy went back and bought Kaiden a newborn outfit and thus this outfit remained in the closet untouched till Pierce!! It was special to let him wear a Christmas outfit bought by such a special lady!!

Can't wait till next years Christmas!! Two big boys, I can only imagine what wonderful things will be in Santa's bag for them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...