Subject: Open Letter

Recipient: Father Time


RE: Error In Time Keeping

Dear Father Time,

I am writing this letter as a concerned patron of your little 'time keeping business'. I have been a loyal patron for the last 29 years and have, for the most part, always been pleased with your services - although I will say there have been a few hiccups along the way - for example how time leading up to my wedding seemed on slow-mo, and yet the big day seemed stuck on fast forward - with no acknowledgment from you as to why this would happen, I was a little shocked at this oversight. Another more recent example would be during Pierce's surgery somehow the 7 hours spent waiting felt more like a week, which seems like another OBVIOUS glitch in your system and yet again no letter of apology or explanation from you or your business as to how these oversights could occur on such majorly important days. Any how, in the pursuit of consistency for myself and all your clients let's move on - forgiving these and similar indiscretions, overall I'm a happy client.
More recently, however, I have begun to notice that there just doesn't seem to be enough time in each day to get everything done. Since you are the professional in this area of expertise I wouldn't dare assume I know how the process works, but is it possible that there is a small crack in your master time keeping device? Perhaps a minute imperfection in your hourglass that allows just a grain or two of sand to escape each time you turn it over, and through subsequent turns during the day are consistently losing grains of sand therefore making each hour, and therefore day to pass quicker and quicker? Although that seems like a small and seemingly unnoticeable error, when you compound this hour after hour, day after day - it seems to explain how each day the time continues to pass quicker. Again I am in no way trying to tell you how to do your job, but I thought I would bring it to your attention and should my letter prompt you to discover and repair the problem, I'll take my lost time 'refund' in the form of a family vacation at say the beach or maybe a cabin in the mountains with snow.

Thanks again for your attention to this matter.
KK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...