Party Everyday!
Bringing A Best Friend To Life
As you know Kaiden's best (cartoon) friend is Lightning McQueen, or 'Drive Queen' as he is affectionately known around here, so when a cake pan was discovered, well we had to have it. Yup it sounds so easy, just bake the cake; let it cool; put on the frosting - easy as that! Yeah well in theory - so step one grease & flour the pan so as to make sure that nothing sticks. When the cake came out in one beautiful piece I felt like I was on top of the world - well till I remembered that I had 6 cups of icing to make and divide into 9 different colors. At this point I called for reinforcements, Melissa & Ash came over around 1:00, I needed moral support & Kaiden needed a distraction. So in four hours Mel & I made the six cups of icing, divided them according to the step-by-step instructions and began coloring accordingly. Which by the way to make icing red it takes a perfectionist friend, A LOT of color and a small favor from the icing gods. . . . but I digress. Around 5:30ish I started actually putting the icing on the cake and that is when Todd called wanting to know where his family was and why it took so long to ice a cake. Luckily before Mel left she fed Pierce his bottle for me so he was full and happy and Kaiden was all too excited to see his buddy coming to life. I have to say all in all it probably took nine to ten hours start to finish, but that includes being a mom in between, but once I was finished I was SO proud of my cake and felt so accomplished it was DEFINITELY worth every second I invested in it!!!
Step By Step - Watch Ten Hours Of Work Come To Life In Ten Seconds!
Celebrate Good Times - Come On!
Since we originally invited over 100 people who had children ranging in age from teenagers to newborn we decided to also rent a bounce house, that turned out to also be a GREAT idea. Early in the day Monster Party came out set everything up, wiped everything down with disinfectant and said see ya after 8, have a great party, and that was that. I still can't believe how good he was about it, but the bounce house was delivered just before Kaiden was to go down for his nap, I thought we were going to have a battle of epic proportion, but I simply said "Kaiden if you want to go in the jump & bounce you have to go night nights, and then you can spend all day in the drive queen jumpy" and after a couple minutes of walking around the outside and saying night-night to all his buddies, he went down and slept two and a half hours - amazing! I actually love that it was here early so that Kaiden could spend some time alone in there with his pals, and he had just gotten a new (to him) drive queen toy and a moo-cow tractor from the movie, and he asked if he could take them in the bounce house with him and he just sat there surrounded by his best friends playing, it was a great moment - not sure if I captured it on film or not but I know that moment captured both Dave and I.
It turned out to be a GREAT day! We got to spend the whole day (and night) hanging with good friends, drinking delicious import (the only two year old birthday party I know of that goes through 3.5 cases), snacking on yummy food and of course my delicious & festive 'Drive Queen Cake'! I hope to get some pictures from the day and maybe a video or two uploaded but not tonight. Thank you to all who came and enjoyed the day with us, and to those who couldn't make it we'll see ya next time!
Seriously - that cake is a work of art! I'm so impressed. I'm sure Kaiden's party was a huge success. Congrats!
ReplyDelete