Weeks 8.5 & 9 . . . . Trying to catch up with real time!

I meant to be more diligent but time flies, and life happens!

Well as they say time flies! And so it has - in some respects in the past few weeks! After my succesful 8 week check up, and being 'released' from bedrest believe it or not I was ready to get back to work. For no other real reason that I was SO SICK of laying down all day! Monday was a teach work day and I was looking forward to Tuesday. BUT with little surprise there was a hiccup. I had some bleeding, or as we learned to call it 'spotting'. It started brown and turned dark red, scary! SO first thing Tuesday morning I called in AGAIN and headed to the Dr.s office, preparing myself for the worst - I call it self preservation! But thankfully when they got in there everything was great! Here is another ambiguous ultrasound picture for you to look at:

This is what 8 weeks 6 days looks like:


After locating the baby with the wand, they said they had no worries, that baby was measuring right on schedule at 8 weeks 6 days.

In this picture the baby is head down with more distiguishable arm paddles and leg paddles! So very exciting to get to see these!!!

Oh and I forgot to mention that there was no sign of the previous twin, since I lost the sac in the miscarriage there wasn't much left to look at!


OK so you see that and you think "YES I am good to go" but not so fast!!! They still consider me at a higher risk - not full HIGH RISK but a higher risk pregnancy. So I am sent on my way with instructions to call back if there is any change, or if I experience more bleeding and or cramping.

Well I made it ONE week, I returned to work that week, enjoyed the weekend, and went to work on Monday, I was fixing dinner when I had to use the restroom, and BAM my heart stopped beating and I thought the bottom was falling out. . . yup you guessed it more blood! So again Tuesday morning I arranged a sub and headed to the Dr.s office.

I LOVE my Dr.s office! They got me right in, as usual we headed to the ultrasound room and the midwife was on a mission to find my baby's heartbeat. . . . and it was a SUCCESS!! Dave and I were so shocked at how much the baby had grown in one week! Amazing!

This is what 9 weeks 5 days looks like:
You may be getting more familiar with these black and white shadowy forms, but just in case you need some help. . . . In this picture baby is actually laying face up, with it's head on the right and it's body going to the left.
Remember the baby is facing up so just below it's head on either side is a top view of the emerging hands, and the feet buds are much harder to see, but they are all the way to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...