Week 12: What a fun week, I have been waiting for this. . . . .

Woosh - Woosh - Woosh - Woosh

What a great noise the baby's heartbeat can make on a Doppler! We were SO thrilled to get to hear this! Something about hearing the heartbeat and getting to see the baby moving around on the ultrasound really makes it all seem real. I mean, the nausea and vomiting have felt pretty real when they are happening, but since I can't feel the baby yet it is really cool to kind of take a sneak peak like that! Although one night while laying in bed for 5 seconds I felt the tiniest flutters and thought "hmmm, maybe that is the baby, or maybe that is gas. . . ." still don't know which it was! :o)

And welcome to those of you who are just hearing this! We waited a while to tell anyone since we were high risk for a while, plus considering everything else we have gone through. Anyway we are so excited to tell our friends and family that we are expecting a baby in September and we couldn't be more excited!!

I took the plunge! I went shopping for Maternity Clothes!!

Dave had to go to Texas for a week, and I was saying to mom that I only had 1 skirt and 1 pair of pants that still fit! So she came down after work and took me on a shopping spree. Well sort of. It has always been a dream of hers to take her daughter shopping for maternity clothes, since when Mom was pregnant they didn't have much money so she had to borrow clothes from friends. Plus her mom lived to far away to enjoy either of her pregnancies so . . . . . I got some really cute stuff out of it!

We had so much fun, well I did anyway, Mom may have run herself silly in the store getting every different color for the things that fit well and bringing me TONS of things just to try on. I am sure Mimi's was so glad to see us go! I must say I am SO glad my Mom pushed me into getting the maternity clothes, they are SO COMFORTABLE! Really don't know why I waited so long to make the switch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...