Week 7 - WOW what a week!!!!!!!

Are you ready for this?! I still can't believe it!

So the week started out with no major issues. Then on Sat. morning I had some pinkish-brown spotting. Not good! So I called my Dr.'s office and they said that really I just needed to monitor the spotting and if it increased or if I got cramps to call back. And in the meantime I was put on bed rest and fluid therapy! The nurse told me to call in on Monday just to make sure the OB didn't need to check me out.

So Monday comes and I called into work, b/c besides calling the Dr. we also had to do our final walk thru on the new house. So I call in at 8:01 - gave them a minute to get settled, and basically they said, well since the spotting has stopped you should be fine until your appointment on Friday. "No news is good news" yeah, right!!

OK, so Tuesday I head to work, a little nervous but I figure if the Dr.'s feel OK about it, I should too! The day goes OK, no major issues, I did have to teach a review class that lasted an extra 2.5 hours after school, so I was ready to get home. After dinner I started to notice I had quite a few cramps, and that they seemed to be getting stronger. So I drank a glass of water and laid down on my left side. I got ready for bed, and noticed that some brown spotting had returned, and that coupled with the intense cramps had me really worried. I tried to fall asleep, but it was hard, I was so worried and upset, but I knew that if something was going to happen, there was nothing I could do to stop it! I said some prayers and fell asleep. Then around 11:00, I woke up b/c I was afraid I had wet myself! I had felt a warm gush, and ran to the bathroom! Thankfully I still had bladder control, unfortunately it was blood! My heart sank! I could NOT believe that this was happening again! I mean once you have on miscarriage you hope that your second pregnancy will have no problems, but THIS a second miscarriage in 5 months to the day!!! I was heartbroken, I called out to Dave who was sleeping, and he came to me in the bathroom. We were both so upset, we sat and cried and hugged and tried to stay hopeful, that our next pregnancy would be better. After about 2 hours of bleeding and passing tissue, I decided to call it a night and headed to bed around 1:30. I didn't sleep much, even though I was exhausted and although my eyes were swollen and painful, I kept crying. It was all too much!

Wednesday morning, I had already called in for a sub for the rest of the week, figuring they would need to do a d&c to clear out all the material. So at 8:00 when the Dr.'s office opened I called in to see if I could come in. I explained that I had a miscarriage the night before and wanted to talk about getting some testing done to see why I was having recurrent miscarriages. So they got me in right away. Dave asked me if I wanted him to come with me, and I told him "NO, honey we both know what happened, and what they are going to tell me. . . ." So I met with the same mid-wife I had seen after my first miscarriage, we began to talk about what can cause these things, and what kinds of tests they would run, etc. . . Then she says, well lets use the ultra sound machine, just to see exactly what we are working with and what we need to do to. . . Right when she turns on the machine the first thing we see is the empty sac, where I had in fact miscarried, I was upset, but not surprised. Then she says, "well let me zoom out and just take a look at the rest of your uterus . . . " and then she stops mid-sentence, turns the ultra sound screen so I have a clear view and says "do you see what I see? There is a baby with a nice strong heartbeat. It looks like you were pregnant with twins, and although you miscarried one, there is still one hanging on!" I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!!!! WHAT, How could something like this happen! I was so happy, and so sad for the baby we had lost, and I honestly felt a little crazy! I mean have you ever heard anything like that in your life?!

At the appointment on Wed. they said to take it easy for a week, and basically be on bed rest and make sure to drink plenty of fluids and that they would see me back in the office on Friday for my official 8 week appointment. I raced to the car so I could call Dave, I couldn't wait for him to hear this news! I asked him "if he was sitting down. . ." then told him the story. He was very excited! We both couldn't wait for Friday to go see the baby again! Here are the pictures from my ultrasound on Wednesday. You can see that the two pictures on the left show both sacs, and the sac on the left contains our healthy baby and the sac on the right is the one that I miscarried. Then the two pictures on the right are close ups of our healthy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...